Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Crushed BOV, how many PSI is it good for?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crushed BOV, how many PSI is it good for?

Just wondering, if anyone happens to know... i'm sure i'll get several different answers... I will just ask.. if i'm running 28 PSI should I even bother?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

It has been found that there is no set number that the stock BOV will leak at. Someone tested multiple copies of the stock BOV and found that some stock BOVs leaked at 19psi and some held closed all they way to 30psi. The only way to know for sure is to test the bov yourself.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWDTerror
It has been found that there is no set number that the stock BOV will leak at. Someone tested multiple copies of the stock BOV and found that some stock BOVs leaked at 19psi and some held closed all they way to 30psi. The only way to know for sure is to test the bov yourself.
I'm to close to 30 psi as it is and knowing my luck the f*cker would leak at 15 psi. I think i'm going to go with the synapse.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know mine (crushed by Laramie05) was tested good to 32psi without leaking FWIW.