Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Take your EVO X to the next level with the COBB Tuning 400S Turbo Kit!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take your EVO X to the next level with the COBB Tuning 400S Turbo Kit!

Take your EVO X to the next level! Introducing two new COBB Tuning turbo kits for the EVO X: the all inclusive 400S Kit designed for stock EVO X's and the add-on 400S Upgrade Kit packaged for EVO X's that have already been modified to Stage2. Both kits feature the Forced Performance GREEN™ turbocharger, Kelford 214B cams with matched valve springs (capable of 8,500rpm), Deatschwerks 850cc fuel injectors, HOA 3-port boost control solenoid with PNP harness, a Walbro fuel pump kit with COBB custom pump mount and more. These kits come with everything you need to turn your stock or Stage2 EVO X into 400whp monster in one step, producing 160whp and 100lb/ft of torque over stock!

One Complete Kit
Assembled by the EVO X experts at COBB Tuning, this kit has been exhaustively tested to give the EVO X enthusiast an easy and reliable way to dramatically increase the performance of their car without any guess work or trial and error. COBB Tuning has selected those parts which we have found to work time and again, both on our own cars as well as our customers' cars. These kits include everything you need to completely and successfully install the 400S Kit on your stock or Stage2 EVO X. No other additional parts are needed.

Tuning Included!
To make the 400S Kit a truly all-inclusive upgrade, COBB Tuning has developed an Off-the-Shelf calibration for this package! This isn't a “break-in” or “limp” map, but rather a fully tuned calibration meant to give you the performance you are looking for right out of the box. Install the provided components, load the 400S calibration onto your AccessPORT, flash the ECU and you are ready to drive. Fast!

Step up to the next level of tuning with the COBB 400S Kit for the EVO X! Leave the stock and Stage2 guys behind and join the 400S Club!

Kit Includes:
  • COBB AccessPORT for EVO X (400S Kit only, not included in 400S Upgrade Kit)
  • COBB 3" SS Turbo Back Exhaust (400S Kit only, not included in 400S Upgrade Kit)
  • COBB SF Intake System (400S Kit only, not included in 400S Upgrade Kit)
  • COBB 3″ FP Turbo Inlet Hose in your color choice of COBB Blue or Stealth Black. Specifically designed to work with the Forced Performance 3” Surge-Ported inlets, providing enhanced spool and lower pressure differentials
  • Forced Performance “Green” turbocharger
  • Kelford “214B” camshaft set with matched Kelford Springs, capable of sustaining 8500 rpm Redline!
  • Deatschwerks 850cc/min Fuel Injectors. Flow tested into matched sets (comes with data sheets)
  • Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump and COBB custom fuel pump mount
  • COBB Tuning AccessPORT 400S Map
Optional PartsInstallation Notes:
Although it is possible for the COBB 400S kit to be installed by the enthusiast, it is recommended that a qualified professional shop install these components. The camshafts must be installed using the Mitsubishi procedure, including re-setting valve lash. Typical installation time is 18hours. The included calibration is appropriate for both stock and most aftermarket front mount intercoolers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_sxzedZEBw

Last edited by COBB Tuning; Dec 28, 2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

how much for the fuel pump and install kit?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very interesting kit....everything bundled up into one big package...props
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

I want..
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:29 PM

MIKEY LIKES IT!!!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:35 PM

I must have this.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

So what if I buy the 400S Upgrade kit but I am running a Password JDM intake (only difference), would I be able to flash the 400S tune on, do a few runs and log and send it in for some minor tweaks? If so this will make things a lot easier and I may consider going to a turbo upgrade...

The reason I ask this is because I know the stage 1 and 2 OTS maps are pretty conservative and I don't see much of a change from one aftermarket intake to the next since they are all open element filters. Unless you were comparing a short ram to a true cold air intake.

Last edited by Freebs; Dec 22, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by LapDance
http://cobbtuning.com/products/?id=5755
Old Dec 23, 2010, 02:19 PM

cobb

I am getting this kit. Cobb u guys need a tuner or a shop in Las vegas. I have Cobb Stg 2
Old Dec 23, 2010, 02:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LapDance
I will have to look into this for you. The pump itself is around $100, but of course the install kit adds onto the price for just the pump.

Originally Posted by Freebs
So what if I buy the 400S Upgrade kit but I am running a Password JDM intake (only difference), would I be able to flash the 400S tune on, do a few runs and log and send it in for some minor tweaks? If so this will make things a lot easier and I may consider going to a turbo upgrade...

The reason I ask this is because I know the stage 1 and 2 OTS maps are pretty conservative and I don't see much of a change from one aftermarket intake to the next since they are all open element filters. Unless you were comparing a short ram to a true cold air intake.
You would not want to run the OTS map for the 400S kit with another intake installed. While all the intakes LOOK the same, they all perform dramatically differently especially with much more airflow. The changes is not in the filter elements but in the MAF housing itself. This kit includes an intake and the mapping is specifcally desinged for that. You can leave the intake out of this kit, but it will require custom tuning if you choose to run a different intake.

Originally Posted by Evo16v
I am getting this kit. Cobb u guys need a tuner or a shop in Las vegas. I have Cobb Stg 2
GOOD NEWS! This kit comes with tuning already so you don't need a tuner to run this kit! Just install the provided OTS map and you are good to go!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

whats the cost & gains on this?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cobb read my mind...and dreams.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
You would not want to run the OTS map for the 400S kit with another intake installed. While all the intakes LOOK the same, they all perform dramatically differently especially with much more airflow. The changes is not in the filter elements but in the MAF housing itself. This kit includes an intake and the mapping is specifcally desinged for that. You can leave the intake out of this kit, but it will require custom tuning if you choose to run a different intake.
Oh yea I understand that as the tables would be all scaled differently, but what about one that uses the OEM MAF housing diameter, as I know the Cobb SF uses the OEM MAF housing. Would this still allow it to be close enough? Not to use permanently but enough that it wouldn't take to much tweaking to get it to work?

Or I guess a better question would be are you guys planning on doing what you did with the stage 1 and 2 maps with the various intakes? Because I could see that increasing sales by a fair bit for people who don't have easy access to a tuner but are interested in going with a turbo upgrade but what to stick with their current intake. I don't know the tuning aspect of it so I could be way off so correct me if I am wrong, but it really only takes 15-20min to swap out intakes so I couldn't imagine it would be to hard to offer up maps for the more popular intakes out there (AMS/Harmon Motive, AEM, ect..). But as a business person my self I do understand the idea of only offering it with your own product.

Also looking at the Passport JDM intake vs Cobb SF, they are fairly similar and both use OEM size MAF housings just the JDM is within a box

Last edited by Freebs; Dec 23, 2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

its funny a kit like this came out...i was truly debating on contacting MAPerformance a cpl weeks ago and suggesting they sell something very very similar to this.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 06:38 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Great parts combo, very similar to how I have my X setup! Upgraded FMIC should absolutely be on this list though.

Quick Reply: Take your EVO X to the next level with the COBB Tuning 400S Turbo Kit!