Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ets o2 eliminator downpipe dump/recirculate?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ets o2 eliminator downpipe dump/recirculate?

Ok so I finally decided on the ets v2 exhaust, and testpipe. I'm just a little confused on the downpipe by them. What is the o2 eliminator, because it is expensive. Also, it gives me an option of dumping to the atmosphere our recirculating. Is one better then the other? I wanna try and keep the whole system ets. I don't wanna mix and match. I don't know much as I am new to the modding scene but many of you have been helpful before, so any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2011, 07:55 AM

To the best of my knowledge, the O2 eliminator means the downpipe would replace the stock downpipe and the stock 02 housing (the bellmouth shaped part that bolts to the exhaust housing of the turbo). Both ETS downpipes are divorced so the exhaust gas from the wastegate would go through a seperate system than the normal exhaust flow, if its recirculated they come back together, if its open dump then the wastegate flow is dumped straight to the atmosphere.

In terms of which is better I am not sure for power purposes, but I have a feeling that an open dump dp is extremely loud under WOT and most likely won't pass emissions testing (if thats an issue).
Old Apr 5, 2011, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Ountz is correct. The dump to atmosphere version will be loud under WOT. The reason it's more expensive then other downpipes is we include an integrated o2 housin, not just a straight piece of pipe.

The reason we run a divorced downpipe is to separate the exhaust gases from the wastes gases to prevent unwanted turbulence. This allows the exhaust to flow smoothly and have the wastegate gases either vent to atmosphere or recirculate around 13 inches back into stream.

We have found an open o2 housing to interrupt exhaust flow when the wastegate opens and closes.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Ountz is correct. The dump to atmosphere version will be loud under WOT. The reason it's more expensive then other downpipes is we include an integrated o2 housin, not just a straight piece of pipe.

The reason we run a divorced downpipe is to separate the exhaust gases from the wastes gases to prevent unwanted turbulence. This allows the exhaust to flow smoothly and have the wastegate gases either vent to atmosphere or recirculate around 13 inches back into stream.

We have found an open o2 housing to interrupt exhaust flow when the wastegate opens and closes.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael
Which is better as far as gains? Also, is it true the dump version will not pass emissions. I know I'll fail with the testpipe pipe but when it comes time for that I was gonna put the stock cat on. Because that would be much easier then messing with the downpipe again right? Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dgarcia41982
Which is better as far as gains? Also, is it true the dump version will not pass emissions. I know I'll fail with the testpipe pipe but when it comes time for that I was gonna put the stock cat on. Because that would be much easier then messing with the downpipe again right? Thanks
The dump will be extremely loud under WOT and will most likely not pass emissions since you will be bypassing a cat. The gains will be around the same.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Micheal please pm me price for v2 standard, testpipe, and recirc downpipe shipped to 07480. Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Done deal thankyou ETS
Old Apr 5, 2011, 01:07 PM
Former Sponsor

No Problem! Any questions, let us know!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:33 AM

I can personally vouch that the ETS open dump downpipe is:

A) Loud as f**k under WOT
B) Sounds like a mean stock car when you're on it and is known to cause chickens to jump up and have heartattacks
C) Was the last piece to completely flow my engine the RIGHT way with zero restrictions, reducing all exhaust turbulence

I absolutely LOVE the exhaust, the construction of it, and the way it sounds. It surprises everyone, and feels so smooth.

Mine has been in since end of October and no cracks. Superior craftsmanship. I was wow'ed by the quality when I had it in my hands.

Side note: Any sort of O2 dumping DP is never recommended for the street unless you like the noise, as I do. But you will definitely notice a difference in the way the car rolls up through the rpm's smoother.

-Nick
Old Apr 11, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Lol I like loud too but just didn't know if I could live with it. I went with the recirculated, hope I made the right choice. I want some noise but nothing to extreme where the cops will be on me all the time.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's my 10 with Ets 02 housing open Dump downpipe. It's a bit to loud for me but I'm 30 y.o. lol not sure if this helps since your decision was made already but yea.
http://youtu.be/C0xEcTaQGNk
Old Aug 6, 2012, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by krackmonkey
...B) Sounds like a mean stock car when you're on it and is known to cause chickens to jump up and have heartattacks
this made me LOL at work at 9am. hahahah

Originally Posted by krackmonkey
Side note: Any sort of O2 dumping DP is never recommended for the street unless you like the noise, as I do. But you will definitely notice a difference in the way the car rolls up through the rpm's smoother.

-Nick
so that last part is what I'm interested in. I have a pretty much stock '11 Evo X MR (inserts groans from GSR owners,lol) besides a Injen Intake and UICP. I eventually want to get a ETS Widemouth Cat and V2 TBE standard...will the DP DUMP be too loud for me as a daily driver? DP DUMP and V2 standard together is asking for a ticket? would the recirc be better for DD. Does it drone on freeway driving as well? or only when in full throttle? thanks in advanced guys, I'm still new to modding. (be gentle) lol
Old Jul 9, 2013, 02:10 PM

Hmm this got me thinking...

Im about to order the ETS dump downpipe and the catted HFC midpipe, but would that even make any sense since the dump is just going to by pass the midpipe.

My logic is that under normal driving (below 3000pm), the exhaust would still flow through the HFC and take out most of the smelly hydrocarbons?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

BUY THE DUMPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! I have a full ETS turboback and the dump is my favorite part.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I had a dump on a car once and it was cool at first, but after about two weeks it became so obnoxious I found myself driving like a granny just so I didn't have to hear it. Nothing is worse than going out street-tuning a car with a dump

Quick Reply: Ets o2 eliminator downpipe dump/recirculate?