Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ets o2 eliminator downpipe dump/recirculate?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 The dump was cool to scare people with at first. But the amount of noise it makes will not only become annoying to you and others, it is a cop magnet as they will here you coming a mile away.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 04:39 PM

So I've already ordered it with the HFC.

Again my 2 questions:

1. Is this THAT loud as a DD at 3000 rpm and below? At what point does it become THAT loud?

2. At below 3000pm, will the exhaust gas flow through the HFC, at what rpm does the exhaust gas bypass the HFC

Rough values is fine, but whenever people say WOT I'm thinking pedal to the floor 7000 redline...
Old Jul 11, 2013, 07:47 PM

O2 dump

I have the MAP O2 dump. Driving around town and highway cruising, everything is normal. You can control how much noise you want with your gas pedal. It does get louder when you get on it, but I personally did not find it too bad. It is fine for daily driving unless you get on it alot.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 07:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, this video isn't the best quality, my wife took the video with her phone and didn't even turn it the right way. But I have the ETS V2 Extreme with the Dump and test pipe and you can hear it really well every time I come around the track. This setup is REALLY loud when in WOT! the guy at the shop that did my work said he has a 900 HP Evo 9 and his isn't as loud as mine and I am only putting 500 to the wheels. He said it is the loudest EVO he has ever heard. Don't mind me not getting it in gear at the first of the second lap, was a bit nervous my first time, lol. The link to my car on the Dyno is here too. this was at the beginning of their pulls and so the HP/TQ numbers you might be able to read aren/t right but you can hear the exhaust. I have emissions inspections in NC and when I took my car to get it tuned, the guys there set my ECU to read right for the emissions. If you are planning on getting the ETS Downpipe with dump and the quiet exhaust that would be perfect as it will not be overbearingly loud and, you might as well get a tune too that way they can "fix" any emissions problems that might pop up and make the computer read what it is supposed to read. I just moved to Texas and not sure if they do emissions here but at least I will be good to go if they do.

Old Jan 3, 2014, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so for the noobs like me out there what is recommende?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am on a market for DP but still little bit lost on what to buy
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:08 AM

I have a bypass Cutout before my HFC. but I get bothered when it gets over pressurized when i go WOT because of the wastegate. I'm looking into that Dump DP for my car as well.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 06:17 PM

I DD my Evo X with the ETS open dump and loved it. Loud and mean as hell at WOT but cruising and light throttle its completely worth it.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by jfvhpilot
I have the MAP O2 dump. Driving around town and highway cruising, everything is normal. You can control how much noise you want with your gas pedal. It does get louder when you get on it, but I personally did not find it too bad. It is fine for daily driving unless you get on it alot.
I totally agree. I've had my O2 dump for quite a while now and you would only hear it after 3,000rpm... and it gradually gets louder as you gradually raise in RPM. it's not really like an on and off switch.

But after 5k...it's pretty loud and will stay loud as long as you are on the pedal.

staying below 3k, you couldn't even tell I have one. a little after 3k..only people that have one can tell. others think there's something wrong with your car or exhaust. hahaha
Old Feb 16, 2014, 02:28 PM

Thank you gave ETS Micheal. You gave me the answer i was looking for. Absolutely agree that flow and gas separation is the main objective to achieve maximum efficiency. Well said Ountz!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 02:32 PM

I just purchased my Turbo back ETS system and i was a bit confused about the Turbo Outlet Housing. After some research it turns out that i was right on track; it (TOH) is integrated with the DP.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 07:41 AM

Anyone have any info comparing this one to maperformance o2 eliminator with external dump? Also does anyone have a link to ETS ? Im just about to buy MAPs version
Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2014, 06:12 PM

Im about to purchase a Map downpipe/ recirculation for my 9! I heard its the same gainz without the loudness hope it was good purchase
Old Dec 29, 2014, 08:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Here is the dump version: http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...-Downpipe.html

Here is the recirc version: http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...-Downpipe.html
Old Dec 29, 2014, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
i dont have the down pipe but i just put on my ets hfc with my perrin exhaust and its not very loud it sounds amazing and has a deep grumble to it!