Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ac not working

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ac not working

hey i recently put in the buschur ic in the car and i have no ac now, i never had to use it till yesterday and when i did it was blowing hot air, now usually in my ix when i turn on the ac or the head lights the the rpms slightly drop. in this case when i turn the head lights on the rpms drop but when i try the ac the rpms stay the same. i dont know what it is. i doubt its the fuse cause the #7 fuse in engine bay fuse box is ok so i dont know what it is. i think it might not have worked since i got the car in november. did any of you guys experience any problems with the ac on your x's?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
push the temp knob so the light turns blue or rtfm
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Did u put the fmic urself or had someone do it? They might have hit your AC condenser. My buddy damaged mine when he help me install my fmic. Cost me $350 for a used one.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

i understand that but i think my compressor isnt kicking on. if you pinch the condensor it will leak and while ur working on it you probably will see that its leaking.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik
push the temp knob so the light turns blue or rtfm
what temp knob?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MIVEC 4G63
what temp knob?
The middle knob, where it says AC..on should be like orange.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

i know how to turn it on, this is weak i really didnt want to have to get under there to figure out what the hell is going on.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

If your system doesn't have enough charge in it, it will not kick the compressor on. It has pressure sensors and won't work without a lower limit met. Check fuses and if all are good, make sure everything is connected on the front, I think there is a temp sensor in the bumper are. If everything is good there, you might just be low on charge, not sure if Mitsu will warranty that or not considering how new the car is.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

that temp sensor in front is for temp cluster display isnt it? i will check that again but i doubt thats what the issue is. i hope its not the condensor but if i broke it while installing the inter cooler, all the gas would have already escaped and i pressed on the pin in low line and gas is definitely still there.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Some cars, especially with auto climate like ours has possible, will use the ambient air temp sensor for the A/C so if it's too cold out it won't allow the A/C to run. But if your temp display shows a temperature then I'm sure it is fine. There may be refrigerant in the system but if it's too low of a charge, the A/C will not operate, there is a sensor to tell if the charge is past a threshold. If it's just a little low on charge, you can hear the system hissing when on and the compressor will turn on and off pretty quickly. It's pretty hard to diagnose over a forum like this with little information.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

I'm freakin getting upset with this, I'm sure the dealer will bend me over cause the warranty is shot but I guess I have no choice but to go. I was trying to avoid going there so in case I blow my engine or something I can put stuck stuff back. Let me try a local guy first.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Yea I think you might have just bumped something. I remember on my VIII I had some parts installed and the shop accidently unplugged the compressor. They tried to say that it wasn't working to begin with.:
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

A/C isn't that hard if you have a machine to check pressures and charge. Just take it to an independent and see if they can figure something out and if it's just a charge. Should only be like a hundred or so. I'm not really sure what you could have unplugged or bumped to not make the A/C work by just doing an intercooler. There's not much there, everything is in the engine compartment except the condenser.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

I installed the exact same intercooler last fall and am having the exact same issue!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

The problem started at the end of last fall when there was a pretty hot day and I had the AC on while highway driving. Then there was a beeping sound and the AC light started flashing and hot air started blowing.

Quick Reply: Ac not working