Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

advice on future build

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice on future build

I have tried searching but cannot find the right answer i am looking for. i have a 2008 evo x gsr with the following mods.

perrin turboback exhaust
UICP and LICP
OBX radiator hoses
HKS SSQBOV
INJEN SRI
ACT full face Heavy duty clutch kit
Accessport
Currently on a stage 2+INJ accessport map

My question is this, what would a good parts list to start looking at BEFORE i get a bigger turbo. I was told that the car as is will be around 370hp and i am assuming thats at the crank not the wheels. If my goal is to be in the mid to high 400 hp range, what would be the best route to take? i plan on getting a fp black or something around that power range as i am looking for top end power not so much off the line power. i would like to build the powerband as a whole but the top end will be my focus. I know i will need a bigger turbo as well as injectors and fuel pump. Should i look into a certain type or brand of cams and exhaust mani? im new to the Evo game as i used to have a wrx and a mazdaspeed 3. Any and all help would be appreciated. Finally, what would be the average hp to the wheels if i were to upgrade just the cams, exhaust mani, and FMIC? ive read that just a FMIC wont net any additional gains but i have seen vendors claim a 20hp increase. i would like clarification on that.
thanks in advance.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 04:35 PM

Should look into upgraded FMIC, Fuel pump, injectors to start.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 05:31 PM

would a 255 pump and 1000cc injectors be plenty for the fuel system upgrades? id like to do all i can minus cracking open the block so i know my power is limited to the stock block
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty sure that fuel pump would be close to maxed out if your pushing alot of air through an FP Black.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 08:35 AM

Which turbo is safe to use on the stock block with cams,mani,fmic,injectors,pump? I see alot of tunes that are dialed back due to too much torque.