Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

2008 EVO MR Warning/Check Light Keeps Coming on Under Hard Acceleration Please Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 EVO MR Warning/Check Light Keeps Coming on Under Hard Acceleration Please Help

I have a 2008 EVO MR and when ever you accelerate in it and the RPMS go past 6-7k RPMS the car will say warning and check and puts it into a limp mode for a few seconds. The car does it in normal mode and also in sport mode. It does it more ofter in sport mode though. Does any body know what would cause this. The car has intake, exhaust, Stage 3 trans from SSP and a slight tune. The car will also sometimes back fire after. The check engine light also blinks real quick and then stays off.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Feel free to call/text also 724-840-3499
Here is a small Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBaHP...1&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwD7OyzAyo0 In this video it was in sport mode
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need a tune stat man.

Someone prolly put tephramods on the car and your blinking CEL is knockCEL so you are getting knock.

Also I am guessing you are hitting the 30psi spike limit that is on the car from the factory. You can tune it out and get rid of it but the bottom line....get retuned stat.

Are you running 91 octane or something now? I am guessing your car was tuned on 93 possibly or its just a ****ty tune.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
You need a tune bad