Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Beatrush Rear Differential Spacer OR Torque Solution Differential Mount Inserts?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beatrush Rear Differential Spacer OR Torque Solution Differential Mount Inserts?

Just wondering if these essentially are the same thing? If so which one is the better option to get rid of my CLUNK on every down shift in my MR.

Torque Solution urethane differential mount inserts $50

OR

Beatrush rear differential spacer $73

Also thinking about tossing these on as well... but not sure if it will make much of a difference... Just really trying to get rid of the hard clunk every time I make a shift in any mode other than Auto/Normal in my MR. Even in Auto/Normal mode it does it when I am on the highway and go to pass and it is getting very annoying and seems to be getting worse.

Torque solution drive shaft carrier bearing support bushings
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Beatrush rear differential spacers + Torque Solutions driveshaft bushings is my recommended setup. It's perfect for street cars and very quick/easy to install.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Just dont do the Solid rear diff mount bushing.... makes diff whine at 75mph. But def get what kracka suggested. Makes the drive train feel more solid when shifting.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
Beatrush rear differential spacers + Torque Solutions driveshaft bushings is my recommended setup. It's perfect for street cars and very quick/easy to install.
What exactly do the rear diff spacers do? And how do you feel about the beatrush driveshaft bushings compared to the torque solutions ones?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jyamona
What exactly do the rear diff spacers do? And how do you feel about the beatrush driveshaft bushings compared to the torque solutions ones?
Beatrush rear diff spacers hold the differential more solidly in place to prevent it from flopping around during power transition. The spacers do not require the stock bushing to be pressed out which makes installation very quick and easy.

I had the Beatrush driveshaft bushings on my IX and the TS ones on my X. Both aluminum, but different colors, otherwise identical in fitment. TS has now switched to delrin instead of aluminum though. My honest opinion is buy whichever is cheaper (Torque Solutions).
Old Jun 26, 2012, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

So with the TS differential mounts I would have to press the OEMs out and have these pressed in? Wont there still be the movement from the OEM bushings with the Beatrush spacers? you still have them OEM ones in there to flex around...
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

If you get the ts bushings, you have to press Oem out. The new ones just set in there. The pics don't show the big washers that go on.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Go w/ TS ones, for Beatrush you're paying for the name…they're both a hard substance that prevents the diff from moving as much when you're rippin n tearin. I have the TS ones and it took me about an hour to put them in
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BaumBizzle
Go w/ TS ones, for Beatrush you're paying for the name…they're both a hard substance that prevents the diff from moving as much when you're rippin n tearin. I have the TS ones and it took me about an hour to put them in
PM'd sir
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did the beatrush rear diff spacers and the TS driveshaft bushings....pretty happy with them.

More of an annoying install then anything. Plus i ****ed up my rear diff bolt threads, the big *** bolt. It's in there solid but all cross threaded. Just make sure to support the rear diff when reinstalling. Both installs are straight forward and now my 600whp shifts don't have a giant clunk from the rear diff...seems to have worked for me.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Dont mean to thread jack or anything... But...

Is there a DIY install on these 2 items since I'm considering picking them up too
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:18 AM
Evolved Member

Really straight forward install. Biggest thing is having the Oem rear diff bushing pressed out. Other than that, make sure diff is supported and really easy after that.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Freebs
So with the TS differential mounts I would have to press the OEMs out and have these pressed in? Wont there still be the movement from the OEM bushings with the Beatrush spacers? you still have them OEM ones in there to flex around...
Yes, there will still be a little flex from the OEM bushings, this is a good thing. The driveshaft and axles will still have movement so you want everything to have a little give to it. Locking it down solid is ok for a racecar, but not on a street car that's meant to stay reliable for a long time. The OEM bushings will soak up some of the initial shock, plus absorb the gear whine noise from the rear diff keeping everything more civilized.
Originally Posted by louiesevox
Is there a DIY install on these 2 items since I'm considering picking them up too
The driveshaft bushings and Beatrush rear diff spacers are very easy to install, and will be very straight forward. Beatrush includes instructions in Japanese, but the pictures are all you need to look at to get the point. TS does not include instructions for the driveshaft bushings, but the larger bushing goes in from the bottom and the collar ring goes over that bushing from above.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

There's a DIY for the TS ones online but it's easy to do
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think this will be my next mod. I hate that our stock set up gets floppy at times

Quick Reply: Beatrush Rear Differential Spacer OR Torque Solution Differential Mount Inserts?