Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed Torque Solutions Rear Diff Bush and...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Torque Solutions Rear Diff Bush and...

Hi Guys, I installed the TS Rear Diff (95a Duro) Bushings. LOVE the torqy butt feel but I had to have it removed as the bushings seem to transfer the excessive whining sound from my twin plates into the car (am on ArK Design Twin Plates) and replaced them with my old pressed out stock bushings. Whinning sound is now gone. But I want to confirm that the pressed out bushings are safe to be re-used.

Is this ok? Or would you recommend me to get a new set of stock ones?

Any take on this guys? Thank you.

PS: two of my friends on stock clutches do not have the whinning sound with their TS rear diff bushings on .
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You just had the stock bushings pressed back in? I presume they weren't ripped up or damaged? Should be fine.

We run the TS rear diff bushings too and like them. I'm curious about your whining from the Ark. (Nice clutch btw) Is that common for that clutch or is something else amiss?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:48 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Johnr352
You just had the stock bushings pressed back in? I presume they weren't ripped up or damaged? Should be fine.

We run the TS rear diff bushings too and like them. I'm curious about your whining from the Ark. (Nice clutch btw) Is that common for that clutch or is something else amiss?
Hi John, The stock bushings were complete and looked like new after being pressed out but I feel that the clunking that I want to rid of is now harder. Guess the bushings isn't as tight as they used to be. I am thinking of looking for another X who is going to press them out to make way for TS to swap out the "mustache"? That's what they call it. So instead of pressing his stock out, he can just take mine which had already been pressed out and I can use his. On the other hand, I am also checking price for a new pair of bushings so it will be nice and tight. But wont be as tight as the TS' pair though.

As for the Ark Design, this twin is great! They have the ringing sound like some other twin plates. Apparently, the whinning sound for X with Twin Plates and TS' bushings or after market bushings is a known issue. Well, to me. To many; who arent bothered with the sound- is a whole different story.

My friends on stock clutches in Singapore do not have similar experience. But I prefer to keep my twins!

Last edited by limmartin; Jan 12, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 06:37 PM

Sorry this thread is old, but i am installing the torque solutions bushing as well but 70A urethane with the solid rear bushing. When you installed the brackets (l&R) did u reuse the washer type pieces on the vertical bolts or is it just the new bushings? I cant find directions anywhere and i cant get ahold of ts either.