Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Investment Cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold for Evo X by MAPerformance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Investment Cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold for Evo X by MAPerformance

We currently have a group buy being offered right now through Oct 26, 2014!

Click here to get in on the action!

Cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold for Evo X by MAPerformance

Horsepower is addicting. Chances are, you've owned your Evo X for a while and you love everything about it. We dont blame you, it's a wonderful car. But there is one design flaw in the 4B11T powerplant that we've become aware of the longer the car has been in production, and we've got a revolutionary new product that is produced with stock frame turbo owners in mind. That is the MAPerformance Stainless Steel Manifold.

Drawing from our porting and tubular exhaust manifold design experience, we've invested countless man hours into research and development of this manifold including 3D rendering, virtual flow testing, rapid prototyping, and bench testing to confirm that we have produced the best possible product for our customers.

Do you know if your OEM exhaust manifold is cracked? Not many do, and it could be robbing you of power and decreasing the life of your turbo. As one of the most popular resources for ported OEM exhaust manifolds, we have seen our fair share of Evo X Manifolds. As of late, we've gotten quite a few cracked manifolds that were presumed to be in good shape. It has become incredibly hard to find a replacement OEM exhaust manifold without a crack in the collector.

Yielding an astounding 22% average increase in exhaust flow over the OEM exhaust manifold and less imbalance this manifold will produce more power, something stock frame lovers are sure to appreciate.

Manifold Features:
• Meticulously optimized design showing a 22% average increase in exhaust gas flow over the OEM Evo 10 exhaust manifold with less imbalance between runners. Our flow tests can verify this.

• Investment Casted 310s stainless steel construction. This form of casting is stronger and cleaner than sand casting, and produces some of the smoothest runners possible.

• Provisioned to allow usage of the factory heat shield. A very important feature for you stock appearing or stock frame guys and gals!

• Includes two allen head bolts to ease installation of the manifold to cylinder head.

Manifold Benefits:

• Performance. Increased exhaust flow and reduced imbalance between the runners will improve spool characteristics and produce more power.

• Durability. Constructed from 310s stainless steel and investment casted to withstand cracking in the most demanding high temperature environments.

• Stealth. Whether it is your own personal desire to keep your upgrades on the down low or motivation from an external source you can simply install the factory heat shield and onlookers will be none the wiser.

We currently have a group buy being offered right now through Oct 26, 2014!

Click here to get in on the action!

RESULTS UPDATE!

Our Tilt powered pre-order campaign for the EVO X Investment Cast Stainless Manifold is approaching the last critical weekend and can be accessed here:
https://maperformance.tilt.com/inves...performance--2

Your chance to act and save yourself 90.00 dollars on this amazing new product is coming to an end! Due to community demand, we took the time to get this manifold on the dyno to get the results that everyone has been begging for! To ensure the results were as accurate as possible, we took painstaking effort to conduct the testing with as many variables as possible being consistent:

Test Vehicle: 2010 Mitsubishi EVO X
Bottom End: Stock Sleeved 2.0L Displacement
Turbo: MAP EF4 Turbo
Tuned on E85

Stock Manifold
Time: 4:17p.m.
Dyno Room Temperature : 76 degrees
Intake Air Temperature : 80.6 degrees at start, 84.2 degrees at end.
Peak Torque Timing : 8 Degrees
Peak HP Timing : 14 Degrees
Full Boost Stock Manifold - 4937.5

MAP Investment Cast SS Manifold
Time: 4:40p.m.
Dyno Room Temperature : 78 degrees
Intake Air Temperature : 82.4 degrees at start, 84.2 degrees at end.
Peak Torque Timing : 8 Degrees
Peak HP Timing : 14 Degrees
Full Boost MAP Manifold (Without any changes to try and improve spool time) - 5031.25

As you can see from the below graph, the results speak for themselves, demonstrating impressive gains of up to 30hp and 16 ft lbs of torque to the wheels!

Once again, our pre-sale group buy is CLOSING on Sunday, October 26th at midnight. This is the final 53 hours before we close this group buy and we want everyone who wants a manifold to act now and save themselves 90.00 dollars off MSRP! Also, to alleviate any concerns, rest assured, this manifold is already in production, whether we pre-sell 10 or 100. However, this will be the ONLY chance to save 90.00 off of MSRP! Click here to reserve yours now: https://maperformance.tilt.com/inves...performance--2

Attached Thumbnails Investment Cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold for Evo X by MAPerformance-evo-x-em1.jpg   Investment Cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold for Evo X by MAPerformance-evo-x-em2_2.jpg   Investment Cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold for Evo X by MAPerformance-evo-x-em3.jpg   Investment Cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold for Evo X by MAPerformance-evo-x-em4.jpg  

Last edited by maperformance; Oct 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very intrigued, do you have before and after dyno runs to show the gains?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just the flow testing vs stock and stock ported for now, but we plan to hit the dyno as soon as we can find a suitable vehicle locally!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Make one for an Evo 8/9 and ill buy the first one!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Would you be interested at this same price point?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know that this may be one of those "what's under your hood" type questions, but can I see a picture from the front looking down the runners?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Unfortunately we started porting the prototype before I thought to get pictures of the runners I was able to snag a picture of the collector area though so you can get an idea of the casting quality; a thorough port & polish certainly can't hurt but we're extremely happy with the surface finish out of the box!

Old Oct 9, 2014, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Dang guys! Couldn't have you done this earlier! Had to pick up the uber garage one from Singapore because they were the only ones that offered one at the time. Looks good though!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 05:40 AM
Former Sponsor

This looks like a nice piece. For those with larger stock frame turbochargers (FP-Black, GT3576R) this might be perfect. Good work!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ill be your test subject and you might as well keep the product in my car too
Old Oct 10, 2014, 06:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by khmerguyx
Ill be your test subject and you might as well keep the product in my car too
Drop me an email, if the current tester falls through I will be in touch!

Just one spot left for the free port & polish!

Last edited by ChrisCarey; Oct 10, 2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Would you be interested at this same price point?
Absolutely, I've been dealing with the the other cast one on the market and am on my third one now.

I'm really against going tubular because I want durability and easy access for removal.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 08:17 AM
Former Sponsor

All of the "Innovator" spots have been taken, but 20 more "early adopters" can still save $90 off of the retail price and receive a free Size Does Matter t-shirt!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Chris, if you don't get testing done this year, I will do it in Spring. I am still dialing in my new setup but spring I am tentatively planning a GTX3576R stock frame so this would pair nicely.

Hit me up if Scheides falls through
Old Oct 10, 2014, 09:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Will do sir!

Quick Reply: Investment Cast Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold for Evo X by MAPerformance