Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

BW EFR 7163 Twinscroll kit by CBRD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 07:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by moparfan
What else do you have to get for the install?
He said if your car has over 50K miles it would be smart to get a fuel pump upgrade. Mine has 14k so I'm gonna see if I can get away without one for now since I plan to get clutch upgrade and maybe cams sometime soon. Then do the fuel pump next time. Even if it is needed I have family in York I can stay with and I'll overnight the pump. Since it's a 3 hour drive to CBRD from where I live.
He said an intake with a 3 inch or bigger MAF adapter will yield more power, 10-20 HP, as the smaller diameter intakes will max out with this kit.
The pump he recommended was the DeatschWerks 265 lph for the Evo X.
Upgaded intercooler and piping, 3 inch diameter test pipe/HFC and cat back would also be a good idea. Intake and 3 port electronic boost controller are optional as well. But I guess none of that stuff is absolutely required.
Tbh, you could probably get by on nothing but the kit alone if you're not bothered by its limited capability without bolt ons and injectors.
Waste gate is integrated, but what I'm not clear on is whether they plan to use the integrated BOV or the factory BOV. I emailed him about it, but haven't heard back.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 03:11 PM

Got my kit installed yesterday. Thanks to Chad and all the other guys at CBRD. They really did a professional job and made me feel at home while I waited all day. They also took the time to answer all of my questions, which there were many. I shot a quick video while I was out today, since it has certainly become clear nobody else was going to do it, ahem...

sorry you can`t see the tach. I had to hold my Ipod with my teeth to do this, lol
But you can get an idea of how it spools and accelerates

My mods are listed in the description

As far as sound goes, I really like. Its actually quieter when you're not in boost. But a bit louder under boost and the tone has definitely changed. It sounds much sexier.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by cerealkeller
Got my kit installed yesterday. Thanks to Chad and all the other guys at CBRD. They really did a professional job and made me feel at home while I waited all day. They also took the time to answer all of my questions, which there were many. I shot a quick video while I was out today, since it has certainly become clear nobody else was going to do it, ahem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgRC13p8X-Y

sorry you can`t see the tach. I had to hold my Ipod with my teeth to do this, lol
But you can get an idea of how it spools and accelerates

My mods are listed in the description

As far as sound goes, I really like. Its actually quieter when you're not in boost. But a bit louder under boost and the tone has definitely changed. It sounds much sexier.
what did it make on Chad's mustang dyno, how much boost, fuel? sorry if I missed it in your post. I thought it would of pulled a little harder.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Need a re-do on that video man so we can see the tach
Sounds good though.. I'm curious what the numbers were too.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Waiting time for me was 5-6 weeks. I got the sense that it may be longer than that by the way he was talking when I suggested setting up an appt. at the end of the first week of May. Which would have been 5 1/2 weeks, because I have some time off work.

and for 2: Yes, he told me I needed the PnP option for the ID1000s, which is what I bought. I got it from www.evoxparts.com for a pretty good deal. I got 10% off though, but even before that it wasn't a bad deal. I got a discount for ordering the injectors and the adapters together. In the end I got the pair for $446.00 shipped.

LOL 5-6 weeks. I ordered my kit feb 6 and still don't have it. I know they are a small shop and all but 5 months for a turbo kit. My friend is in the same boat. He has now been waiting 4 months. I know there was issues with turbo's but I also know other people that ordered just the hot parts kit found turbos online from other places.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 09:54 AM

Conditions weren't perfectly ideal, it was hot as hell out and I was on a bit of an incline. That didn't occur to me until later. I'll get a pic of the dyno sheet and a better video when I get a chance.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 05:05 AM

alright, I recorded a "better" video. Ambient temperature was cooler and ground was mostly flatter. I would like to point out that I try once and quit, I'm not doing it multiple times and choosing the best pull. A much better representation on this one, I shaved off 2 seconds from the last videos pull and I think I could shave another second if I really tried.
You can kind of see the tach, well enough to tell what's going on anyway. I zip tied my iPod to the steering wheel. lol I should have put the windows up all the way, sorry about that.

and here's the dyno sheet

ambient temperature was in the mid 80s and humid during the dyno runs
The following users liked this post:
shekaar (Jun 20, 2016)
Old Jun 20, 2016, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
alright, I recorded a "better" video. Ambient temperature was cooler and ground was mostly flatter. I would like to point out that I try once and quit, I'm not doing it multiple times and choosing the best pull. A much better representation on this one, I shaved off 2 seconds from the last videos pull and I think I could shave another second if I really tried.
You can kind of see the tach, well enough to tell what's going on anyway. I zip tied my iPod to the steering wheel. lol I should have put the windows up all the way, sorry about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvyazfiHDCw

and here's the dyno sheet

ambient temperature was in the mid 80s and humid during the dyno runs

Called me out earlier

I'll take a video, maybe I'll try what you did with your phone. That's part of the reason I haven't done another one. Working all the time and no good way to show everything I want to in a video.

Plus, everyone is so judgy when they're not actually in the car to feel it

Anyway looks good! That's the TS kit?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 07:09 AM

Lol, yeah. I hear ya, I was actually kind of kicking myself in the *** for promising another video. When I was trying to record the second one I kept accidentally starting the recording and all I could think was, why the hell did I promise to do this? Ha ha

Yeah, twin scroll
Old Jun 20, 2016, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for doing another vid and putting up the chart. Looks and sounds really good.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
4 months?!

Is every vendor with EFRs this long of a wait?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moparfan
4 months?!

Is every vendor with EFRs this long of a wait?

I was up at CBRD several weeks ago, and Chad mentioned there's a huge backlog of the EFR 7163 turbos currently.

The production team who makes these is very small, and there's a huge demand. Unfortunately for people waiting on the kit, this has turned out to be a very popular turbo!
Old Jun 21, 2016, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's mine. Ignore my currently list in my signature, this dyno was done back in Feb, with the RBX and just bolt ons, as listed in the dyno description.

Ordered back in November?, got it in March. Still waiting on the sparkplug cover ;P
Old Jun 22, 2016, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o

Ordered back in November?, got it in March. Still waiting on the sparkplug cover ;P

I'm waiting on my spark plug cover too

Here's my dyno sheet:
Old Jun 22, 2016, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
Here's mine. Ignore my currently list in my signature, this dyno was done back in Feb, with the RBX and just bolt ons, as listed in the dyno description.

Your TQ curve is way sweeter than mine. Any idea why TQ comes on so much earlier with your setup?

Quick Reply: BW EFR 7163 Twinscroll kit by CBRD