Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evolution X - ACD controllers - ACD-Pro (proposal)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Evolution X - ACD controllers - ACD-Pro (proposal)

First, I don't race and the extent of me working on cars is rotating tires. Second, I don't sell anything, I haven't spoken to any of the linked suppliers below.

I read a lot of threads about handling setup and enjoy them. But what I am really interested in for the Evo X is better living through software. I'm not Fangio and you probably aren't either we could use a little software magic. So lets get some ACD fun going for the Evo X.

The inevitable cracking of the Evolution X apparently isn't going to happen anytime soon. Or, at least, not for free. And AYC is likely to be ignored anyway because of its lack of application in racing or impermissible by rules. So we are left with ACD. The earlier Evo's have had access to ACD boxes, flashes - whatever, for a while.

The other solutions: Motec, GEMS, KAPS etc. are full solutions with complete access to map parameters and inputs/outputs. Which is great if you know what you are doing (not me). So even if you pony up the money to get one of these, unless you are dedicated and can test a lot, you'll probably wrap yourself (myself) around a tree and/or break stuff.

So the only reasonable choice seems to be the only choice right now which is the ACD-PRO center diff controller. This box is different because they say its adaptive. Suoer because that may make is a better overall solution. It also sidesteps the problem of accessing the map/software of this portion of the Evo X. Takes some inputs and throws out the right outputs to control the ACD pump and clutch plates in the center diff. It keeps the factory ACD controller and it piggybacks on top.

Links (apparently, these dudes are out racing (!) and making stuff rather than updating their websites, much less posting on forums to show Evo X availability - PLEASE VERIFY):

(Maker) https://www.dccdpro.com/

(Resellers)
http://www.full-race.com/store/r14-a...troller-1.html

http://www.rockymtnautosports.com/dc...shi-evo-ii-ix/

PROPOSAL:
What I would like is some dudes/bro try this ACD-Pro out, dissect every aspect of what is can and can't do in terms of improving Evo X handling and in what situations. Does it provide appreciable benefits on the road, track, rally?? Basically lay everything out in this thread. Install, pros/cons, talk to manufaturers/distributors, plug in the USB and dick around with parameters, drive it on the track, rally it, drive it on the street. TELL US ABOUT IT HERE!! There is not much info here or on the other forum other than YAY! This cr*p really rotates now, brah...I dropped seconds off my time!

I need entertaining summer reading.

I will buy rwo ACD boxes talk to the suppliers see if they actually do work for the Evo X, cut a deal to lessen the cost, if possible. I'll pay the supplier, you get the box I don't know you nor you me.

The guys that I had in mind were Robevo and razorlab. The two named are for their different focus rall and track, past demonstrated willingness to talk/share about what they do that works, and for the lulz if they are argue about what is happening between handling and the controller effects. With Robevo's willingness to post in volume (i.e not stfu) at any time of the night and razorlab being on the west coast - possibilities for day-long reading.

I DON'T want to PM with you.
I DON'T want to know where you live.
I DON'T want to sell you anything.
I don't want to hear you tell me to change both my front and reaf diffs to plated LSDs instead.
You can keep the box forever.

I only want to you to talk about it in as much detail as you can for the benefit of all of us.

If not interested, then ignore this post. We can go back to talking about how fat the Focus RS is.
The following users liked this post:
Lazyfong (Apr 16, 2016)
Old Apr 20, 2016, 03:30 AM
Evolved Member

Oh well. Japanese anyone?

http://www.cocoa.ne.jp/products

http://www.do-luck.co.jp/product/1455
Old Apr 20, 2016, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sup dude. I've kinda left the forum for the past year or so and have been active on another, but i might be able to help you out. I track the **** out of my car and it is my intention to sort an awd controller after i sort out my ralliart rear diff. Honestly the stock diff was fine, and the ayc brake was kinda cool, but for super high grip and stiff suspension, it just wasn't able to be consistent on track, hence the swap.

Anyways, it was my intention to go the full race acd route as i don't have 5k for a custom controller.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Howdy.

If you can install it sooner rather than later and chronicle your musings and analysis for us on here, then let's do it. Your understeer thread is good reading and hopefully others join in here. This seems like it should be a good tool for the Evo X.

Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
Sup dude. I've kinda left the forum for the past year or so and have been active on another, but i might be able to help you out. I track the **** out of my car and it is my intention to sort an awd controller after i sort out my ralliart rear diff. Honestly the stock diff was fine, and the ayc brake was kinda cool, but for super high grip and stiff suspension, it just wasn't able to be consistent on track, hence the swap.

Anyways, it was my intention to go the full race acd route as i don't have 5k for a custom controller.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's my theory on the best bang for buck mods for the evo

1) custom adjustable tie rod (investigating this in the other thread)
2) rear sway
3) ACD controller/programming
4) rear diff.

ACd should make a much bigger difference than the rear sway and tie rods, but those two are substantially cheaper by comparison so they get the ranking.

I'll be at NOLA motorsports park in May and i plan on having it installed then. I need to spend my next event this weekend at texas world speedway sorting out the rear diff. I don't want to make too many changes to the car at once because i need to feel and understand the impact of these major modifications on their own, ya feel?

I've got a massive build thread in the works right now, i just need more data untill i can make it.

Things i've got coming

1) MCS 2 way coilover review (jesus these are the ****)
2) ralliart rear diff + 12 plate upgrade
3) 18x12's and 335 stickies
4) Racefab LCA's
5) Custom aero and downforce mods
6) Holly hydramat on track, and a Flex fuel tune
7) Federal RSR tire review (they're great!)
8) Custom bump steer modifications
9) Hauling a trailer full of e85 and tires/tools with an evo
10) MAP oil pan review
11) and of course ACD stuffs

I'm sure there's more but that's all i can remember.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

OK, this part will have to be PM for getting the unit.

Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
Here's my theory on the best bang for buck mods for the evo

1) custom adjustable tie rod (investigating this in the other thread)
2) rear sway
3) ACD controller/programming
4) rear diff.

ACd should make a much bigger difference than the rear sway and tie rods, but those two are substantially cheaper by comparison so they get the ranking.

I'll be at NOLA motorsports park in May and i plan on having it installed then. I need to spend my next event this weekend at texas world speedway sorting out the rear diff. I don't want to make too many changes to the car at once because i need to feel and understand the impact of these major modifications on their own, ya feel?

I've got a massive build thread in the works right now, i just need more data untill i can make it.

Things i've got coming

1) MCS 2 way coilover review (jesus these are the ****)
2) ralliart rear diff + 12 plate upgrade
3) 18x12's and 335 stickies
4) Racefab LCA's
5) Custom aero and downforce mods
6) Holly hydramat on track, and a Flex fuel tune
7) Federal RSR tire review (they're great!)
8) Custom bump steer modifications
9) Hauling a trailer full of e85 and tires/tools with an evo
10) MAP oil pan review
11) and of course ACD stuffs

I'm sure there's more but that's all i can remember.