Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Emission ready testing not complete HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emission ready testing not complete HELP!!!

So my buddy has my car to do the inspection and emissions on it. It is telling him the O2 sensor heater testing is incomplete or not ready. He would be able to pass it as one test incomplete is ok to not be ready (per pa inspection) but the other one is my cat. We are guessing this is because I don't have a cat. So we are trying to figure the o2 sensor heater testing incomplete out. The car has about 93k on it. Is there a simple fix to this that people already know about or do I have to replace my 02 sensor. And if so do I guess which one? Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Last edited by mjev8; Aug 21, 2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 05:46 PM

please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 05:56 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
put a cat on and replace your bad 02 sensor? Doesn't sound like rocket science here, or maybe there is something im missing?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 06:17 PM

Gee thanks for that. But not sure why I would want to put a cat on it. So that being said I am looking for advice from someone that already ran into this problem. And as for the o2. Yeah replace. Thanks captain obvious. But we do have two. Again looking for someone who possibly had something similar. So yes there is no need for my response here just as there is no need for your response. If you can't give constructive advice with out smartass comments move along. I have always loved this community here because most people give thoughtful advice or recommendations when asked.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 07:58 PM

Well its kind of hard to understand what you are asking because grammar, but what i think you are asking about is the failed oxygen sensor test? Well if its the post cat sensor it will fail if you don't have a cat because its there to measure catalyst efficiency. I assume your state requires a cat, so to make it pass you need to put the cat back on.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Aug 18, 2016 at 08:22 PM. Reason: cleaned it up....
Old Aug 21, 2016, 05:40 PM

That test has always been incomplete. and one test being incomplete is fine to pass. But the second one is the o2 sensor heater testing incomplete. This is my 3rd inspection without a cat. So I'm not worried about that and the fact that I don't want to put my cat back on. So I'm worried about the o2 sensor heater testing incomplete. For 2 reasons. I want those to work right and it is needed for the inspection (emission testing). I will end up just replacing the rear o2 first and then the front one if no one has any inside info or advice.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Are you using cobb tuner or a different form for tuning? You should be able to adjust that setting so the car will pass.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 02:07 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Are you using cobb tuner or a different form for tuning? You should be able to adjust that setting so the car will pass.

^This. We need more info.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 03:40 PM

oh well if you just wanna make it pass and don't care about the actual system functionality then here yah go:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28840
Old Aug 22, 2016, 05:28 PM

First I do not have a cobb tuner. The car was tuned about 3 years ago by E-spec.

Biggiesacks if I fix the o2 sensor heater problem then my car will pass with the cat testing incomplete. I'm not sure what I am saying that you don't understand. That's why I am here I am trying to fix the o2 sensor. Just seeing if anyone else ran into this problem and could shed some light on if it actually needs to be replaced and if so which one I should probably start with. You are bringing nothing to this conversation so just keep moving and stop wasting your time on this post.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by mjev8
First I do not have a cobb tuner. The car was tuned about 3 years ago by E-spec.

Biggiesacks if I fix the o2 sensor heater problem then my car will pass with the cat testing incomplete. I'm not sure what I am saying that you don't understand. That's why I am here I am trying to fix the o2 sensor. Just seeing if anyone else ran into this problem and could shed some light on if it actually needs to be replaced and if so which one I should probably start with. You are bringing nothing to this conversation so just keep moving and stop wasting your time on this post.
damn dude, if you actually clicked and read the link i provided you your problems would be solved. Instead however your gonna be a dick, and have some delusion that you can repair a bad oxygen sensor, good luck with that.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 05:53 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
How long ago was your last inspection and was it tuned back then? Are your sensors turned off? Any check engine light?

I had the same issue and it was because of the tune. The sensors were off. Had to turn them back on and drive for a couple days to get them "ready". I was then able to pass with 1 being "not ready" also like you said.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yup same as above for me as well.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 05:14 PM

My last inspection was a year ago and hasn't been tuned since then. How did you get the sensors to come back on?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

I had a test pipe with the O2 extender that removes it from the test pipe. I usually just unistalled my tune and went back to stock tune for a day then got it passed and put the tune back on. But it can be changed in the tuning program you used to have it on, unless the sensor is really bad.

Quick Reply: Emission ready testing not complete HELP!!!