Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Vibes, NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bad Vibes, NEED HELP

So i recently attempted the Evo8/9-2008+ Ralliart rear diff swap on my 2008 X GSR. Being in canada i only had the option for the ralliart rear diff local sale, no big deal, i bought it and installed it without buying a longer bolt and adding spacers. needless to say the bolt snapped the end of the cover, i tapped the hole bigger and put in a new bolt till my evo 8/9 cover and adaptor came in along with my torque solutions bushing kit. that broke aswell and put the car out of commission by twisting the subframe when it broke this time,

i was rolling about 60mph when this happend and about to go up a hill with my left rear cv joint pulled apart laying on the ground i eased into the throttle to get to the top of the hill and this was the first time i had felt a vibration even close to what im feeling now, i feel like this is the same vibration but now worse

i waited for the bolt that got stripped on back order for 3 more weeks, i just got it last wednesday (october 12) and had the shop to myself saturday afternoon to put it in, after multiple hours of my wife and i along with a few friends swapping the rear end and freeing up a now seized alternator the car became mobile

SUCH A RELIEF!!!! or so you would think

on our way home from the shop everything was fine... untill i hit 100KM/H (65MPH) and you would think i had 2 15" subwoofers in my trunk on a steady low freq bass, the vibrations were nothing i have ever felt in any other vehicle, i let off the throttle and hear the god foresaken whine, i just had the front diff replaced less than 1000km (620miles) so im really hoping that is not the case again and if it is i hope the shop will warrenty it (even though i had it done in early april 2016 and no october but now driving since)

back to the vibration, what can cause this? was it something i missed? was it something i did?

im thinking it could be the ACD or is it because my AYC pump lines are just looped and the diff is trying to send power to a diff thats not there anymore?

please help me figure this out, im running out of time and money for this car.

thanks in advance - Joe
:help me:

Last edited by Edwards7; Oct 17, 2016 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Mis informed
Old Oct 18, 2016, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update:

Found out the pinion was a little loose, tightend it up and alot of the noise went away (still very faint) and 9/10 of the vibration went away, took it for a drive and at about 130-150kmh the vibration comes back