Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone using the large xona 95/67

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone using the large xona 95/67

Fp has a sale starting today on turbo chargers and just ordered the xona 95/67 with tial .82 housing. I can't find many any reviews on the large xona. Is anyone running this turbo? Is it just the super 94 with a tial hotside?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Evophil1
Fp has a sale starting today on turbo chargers and just ordered the xona 95/67 with tial .82 housing. I can't find many any reviews on the large xona. Is anyone running this turbo? Is it just the super 94 with a tial hotside?
Bro!

A. I live in Waterford too. Are you the silver EVO that lives next to Clint (guy with Mazdaspeed6).?

B. I have a XR 6156 w/ .82 tial hotside. It will hit 600whp for sure on the 2.3 DISI. Those larger frames will have crazy juice for way more up top.

These turbos are still very new to the market, they are completely worth it in my opinion. I nuked my rod bearings on my last motor with this turbo in place (remember to always check and recheck your oil feed line) and their protective screen saved it. Spools faster than anything of similar size and lb/min as well.

Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
Bro!

A. I live in Waterford too. Are you the silver EVO that lives next to Clint (guy with Mazdaspeed6).?

B. I have a XR 6156 w/ .82 tial hotside. It will hit 600whp for sure on the 2.3 DISI. Those larger frames will have crazy juice for way more up top.

These turbos are still very new to the market, they are completely worth it in my opinion. I nuked my rod bearings on my last motor with this turbo in place (remember to always check and recheck your oil feed line) and their protective screen saved it. Spools faster than anything of similar size and lb/min as well.

u mean the black Mazda 3 tyler and silver evo 8 I'm friends with James the silver 8 evo and I live a couple streets over next to Mott. I have a evo x at a star fabrication if u know who Marco is with a silver 8 it's at the same shop
Old Oct 27, 2016, 01:24 PM

u mean the black Mazda 3 tyler and silver evo 8 I'm friends with James the silver 8 evo and I live a couple streets over next to Mott. I have a evo x at a star fabrication if u know who Marco is with a silver 8 it's at the same shop
First, they're Mazdaspeed3's. I don't really care, but there are some people that get butt hurt over that. They're pretty non-assuming. I think I know of that Tyler kid you're thinking about; slowest big turbo speed ever. LOL Dude needs some aux fuel stat.

Yeah i'm not familiar with a lot of the shops; we (NATOR) tend to do all our own work.

I'm excited to see what kind of torque curve that giant snail delivers for you though. I hit ~30 psi by ~3600 rpm's starting at 3k on a WOT pull; that's about 200 rpm sooner than a similar sized garret turbo would do. It'll be cool to see how that larger version reacts.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 08:10 PM

Bro!

First, they're Mazdaspeed3's. I don't really care, but there are some people that get butt hurt over that. They're pretty non-assuming. I think I know of that Tyler kid you're thinking about; slowest big turbo speed ever. LOL Dude needs some aux fuel stat.

Yeah i'm not familiar with a lot of the shops; we (NATOR) tend to do all our own work.

I'm excited to see what kind of torque curve that giant snail delivers for you though. I hit ~30 psi by ~3600 rpm's starting at 3k on a WOT pull; that's about 200 rpm sooner than a similar sized garret turbo would do. It'll be cool to see how that larger version reacts.

Yeah it's going to be lagging for sure I only have a buschur double pumper in my car so whatever that maxes out will be what it's at. Thinking around 800 awhp I'll start to run out of pump on e85. I'm just wondering what spool will be like to hit 40 psi.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 07:19 AM

Yeah it's going to be lagging for sure I only have a buschur double pumper in my car so whatever that maxes out will be what it's at. Thinking around 800 awhp I'll start to run out of pump on e85. I'm just wondering what spool will be like to hit 40 psi.
Long. That is going to have a 5k and up power band.