Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help: SMOG check fail due o O2 Sensor not ready

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help: SMOG check fail due o O2 Sensor not ready

Hi, I have my smog check last week and failed due to oxygen sensor/ oxygen sensor heater not ready. I passed the visual with AEM intake (CARB legal) and AMS UICP black. I also have a catback exhaust. I did some googling about the o2 sensors. Already contacted my tuner who did the tune and have scheduled an appointment. They said best way to do is to put back in stock to pass emission. But they will do a diagnostic test first.

I drove the car for more than 200 miles with different speeds and follow some drive cycles unfortunately when i check using OBDII scanner the O2 sensor and O2 sensor heater still not complete. No codes by the way. What is your take on this matter guys? Thanks!

Old Nov 10, 2016, 05:04 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
I had the same issue. Flashed it back to stock and was able to pass with no problems (after driving some miles). You didn't mention... did your tuner end up flashing it back to stock?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 05:16 AM

They said will flash it back to stock after reinstalling the stock intake and exhaust. We haven't done anything yet since my appointment will be in 2 weeks. Is it ok to leave the aftermarket parts while flashing it back to stock? Also can they put back my tune after the test w/o putting the stock parts?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 05:53 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Sensors will not come back on unless flashed back to stock or turned back on by you, or your tuner. You can drive on a stock tune with bolt on's. Just stay out of boost. That's what I did. No issues.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:30 PM

Thanks man! Will do the same then