Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

White Evo X

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High idling, CEL on from boosting to hard

Finally bought the car of my dreams Evo X GSR a couple of weeks ago and I been worried since I got it. It runs fine until I start to boosting hard then my CEL light comes on and sometimes even my ACS required then when I come to a stop my car starts to idle from 1500 Rpms to 1900 almost 2 sometimes. I bought it modded w/ after market parts like straight pipe exhaust without cats,a manual boost controller,intercooler,short shifter and a injen filtration..Lol? Was wondering if anyone got answers ? Should I get a tune asap ? Would that take care of my CEL and ASC? Suggestions???

Last edited by Elvin Herrera; May 23, 2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old May 24, 2017, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
What does "boosting hard" mean? How much boost is it running? It almost sounds like it can be overboosting.
Old May 24, 2017, 07:01 AM

To put it this anytime I want to rip it a little faster my CEL comes on and ASC light too + some high idling after that. And I don't know how much boost I'm pushing actually
Old May 24, 2017, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Time to invest in a boost gauge and a wideband at the very least, like yesterday.

In the meantime I would refrain from ripping it at all. Maybe turn down the MBC all the way or remove it entirely (just run a new uncut signal line from the j-pipe to the WGA) until you can find out how much boost it's actually running.... I wouldn't keep pushing it, especially in the unknown.
Old May 25, 2017, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by six40
Time to invest in a boost gauge and a wideband at the very least, like yesterday.

In the meantime I would refrain from ripping it at all. Maybe turn down the MBC all the way or remove it entirely (just run a new uncut signal line from the j-pipe to the WGA) until you can find out how much boost it's actually running.... I wouldn't keep pushing it, especially in the unknown.
Got right on it brother thank you ! I just bought AEM gauges: wideband AFR, boost gauge and oil pressure. Also a new AEM cold air intake. anything else I should invest in ??
Old May 25, 2017, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
Sounds like you need someone very experienced to work on your car. Unless you know 100% what your doing, further mods on top of unknown mods on top of an unknown state of the car is not a good idea.

~Jaraxle
Old May 25, 2017, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jaraxle
Sounds like you need someone very experienced to work on your car. Unless you know 100% what your doing, further mods on top of unknown mods on top of an unknown state of the car is not a good idea.

~Jaraxle
I got the car with those mods on there. I took the best tuner shop around me called Prime Motors very professional, the boss is the head mechanic there. He told me to get the gauges and new intake. Is this going to be good or bad for my car if I install these mods in ?
Old May 25, 2017, 08:46 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
I had the same issue. Found out the previous owner flashed it back to stock. So yes... you need a tune asap. All those lights are comming on because you're over boosting.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like over boosting.. had the same issue with I ran a crappy COBB V2 internet tune.. floor the car, all lights come on and car idles at low rpm..
Old Jun 8, 2017, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
those lights sound like you might be hitting the 30psi overboost and the high idle is something else. I wouldn't trust anyone who ran a MBC on an evo x (rather than electronic 3 or 4 port) so I would get that looked at asap.