Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

I Need Help with Transmission Issue, Pretty Please

Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need Help with Transmission Issue, Pretty Please

So here is my issue. My 2011 Evo X Mr has no drive in any gear position. I was accelerating away from a stop light and I heard a "bang" and than I lost all drive in forward and reverse gears. There where no dash lights or warning messages displayed when this happened. So far I've scanned for codes and inspected the drivetrain and I do not have any broken axles or prop shafts and there are no fault codes set. I believe the differentials and transfers case is good. I can actuate them with a scan tool and all the wheels turn together. I have no unusually noises if the car is running and in a drive gear from inside the transmission case. When in park the parking pawl does not hold the car. The car can be rolled either direction with the shifter in the park position. If I put the car into drive with the engine running and then attempt to put the car back into park without first shutting the engine off you can hear a noise that I am certain is the parking pawl attempting to lock up to a rotating shaft. The scan tool I have gives some data on the transmission which Is telling me both clutches have approximately 450 mbar of pressure with the engine running at idle and in park. If I raise the rpms my pressure numbers climb on the clutch that is consistent with the gear position I'm in, even or odd gear selected, I also see input shaft speed changes when I select a gear. However I get a change in both input shaft speed sensor values when I do this, for even and odd shafts, the numbers are not the same but it appears when in either manual 1st gear position or drive and manual 2nd gear position both input shaft speed sensors are reading movement. So I was hoping that someone hear with more knowledge of the SST transmission might be able to tell me what I'm looking at here. Could this still be a clutch failure or is it more likely that I broke something in the final drive or output shaft? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.