Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

***Help for a self proclaimed Evo noob please***

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***Help for a self proclaimed Evo noob please***

Hi guys and gals,

First post here. As described in the title, I’m new to the Evo scene. Couldn’t pass up on an unmolested low miles 2010 MR Touring. Bought it on a personal sale from a guy who was collecting it and it was just sitting in a garage with his other collector toys. It now resides alongside my track built S2k.

Long story short, the guy I bought it from didn’t drive it enough and the charge on the battery must have went down low enough to where it has the dreaded C2116 code for ABS pump low voltage. Being new to Evo I had no idea it was a big deal and the only year that had such a code that couldn’t be cleared. Just my luck since i had just taken ownership of it. Anyway, took it to the dealer, and they wanted something g like $3000-$3500 for a new and pump/controller installed. It’s my hopes that the community has a better answer for me than that. I’m a little reluctant to buy a used one online, out of concern that someone’s trying to sell one with the same problem as mine. Any feedback/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: New to the site and looking forward to learning and building this car. If this thread needs moved, feel free. Just trying to get some traffic and advice on where best to go from here. In a bit of a time crunch with the winter weather already here and an Evo that’s handling the exact opposite of how well they’re intended to.

TIA and cheers!
Old Nov 19, 2018, 06:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey Kirk
Let me be the first to welcome you aboard. Great to have another track oriented member

Cant really help w/the X pump thing as im a 9 owner. Im sure the guys will chime-in w/some ideas

Any questions, let me know

Joe
Old Nov 19, 2018, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Minus.

After more searching, it seems people recommend to buy a used one? Is there anything to look out for in doing so? Or slim chance is there a reputable distributor for used ones on the forums? Is there a particular year that’s best, or just any year other than 2010? Can it come from a standard Lancer (are they the same) or does it have to be from an Evo?

Appreciate any patience with all the ?’s....just wanna make sure i get it right on a car I’ve just started learning about.