Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo x turbo not spooling

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo x turbo not spooling

I got a evo x this January. It’s on e85 ets intercooler dump pipe j pipe tubor thing. I recently changed the clutch. After a few days the car was running perfect and strong. Until one night I took my dad on a drive and as I hit boost it stopped all of the sudden and car hasn’t boosted since. I check for leaks and all hoses are good literally all good. But I found out the car didn’t have a bpv or any sort of bov. So I bought one and just put it in. The car isn’t boosting or you can’t even hear the turbo. When I stepped on the gas the car sounds like it’s leaking air kinda. I don’t know what it is
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Take the intake pipe off and check the compressor wheel. Does it spin freely? Is there excessive shaft play? Could well be that running the car without a BOV/BPV killed your turbo.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Itachlazcano21
I got a evo x this January. It’s on e85 ets intercooler dump pipe j pipe tubor thing. I recently changed the clutch. After a few days the car was running perfect and strong. Until one night I took my dad on a drive and as I hit boost it stopped all of the sudden and car hasn’t boosted since. I check for leaks and all hoses are good literally all good. But I found out the car didn’t have a bpv or any sort of bov. So I bought one and just put it in. The car isn’t boosting or you can’t even hear the turbo. When I stepped on the gas the car sounds like it’s leaking air kinda. I don’t know what it is
Can you post a pic of your engine bay? I'm curious about what the bov-less setup looks like with a stock turbo. Did you do a boost leak test? If you are hearing "leaking air" and not making boost, a leak is the #1 suspect.

-Also - where in Ohio are you? I'm on the south side of Columbus.