Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ordered evo X

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BenBob
haha, made you look. But really, the dealer I work at ordered their 1st one. They said they can only get the one, and there are no options. Just some add ons. grey in color, they don't know if it's manual or auto. and didn't say which package it was. they said basically the dealer wants an evo(they get what they get) or they don't. That's how it goes for this prerelease anyway. we will have it sometime at begining of the year. I was told the msrp was from 38-45.

any requests??? pics or anything??
do you work in sales for this dealership?? The dealership I work at told me we're getting a graphite gray GSR, 5 sp, with the Sight, Sound, Spoiler package...and I saw the dealer link order page with all of that posted...and if the MSRP on the X in japan are any indication of the msrp we can expect here then the MSRP on an MR with technology package should be around 36k because a GSR premium package with TC-SST (everything the MR with technology package has) is 4.2 million yen...
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MDMitsu
do you work in sales for this dealership?? The dealership I work at told me we're getting a graphite gray GSR, 5 sp, with the Sight, Sound, Spoiler package...and I saw the dealer link order page with all of that posted...and if the MSRP on the X in japan are any indication of the msrp we can expect here then the MSRP on an MR with technology package should be around 36k because a GSR premium package with TC-SST (everything the MR with technology package has) is 4.2 million yen...
Seriously I agree with you, all these people jumping to freakin' conclusions off of this guy's one post. Rule #1 on evom.net future evo forum- "I talked to my dealer..." does not count as official information.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

+1
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by gggplaya
Is this just the Premium price due to such high demand? I know for sure there is going to be a few thousand dollar price premium when they first come out like many other high demand vehicles. Geez, most dealers are only getting 1 for now, they for sure will try to make a large profit off of it.

Or do we have to anticipate that 38k is the actual base price and we have to add a few more thousand for the in demand price premium?
dealer allottment is being based on average turnover...The bigger the dealership, the more mitsubishis they move a month, the more evo X's they can order...some are getting 1, some are getting 2, a dealer on another forum said he has 6 ordered already...if you don't want it right away because you think you'll get ripped on price, then don't...nobody is holding a gun to your head saying you have to buy one right off the boat...
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Seriously I agree with you, all these people jumping to freakin' conclusions off of this guy's one post. Rule #1 on evom.net future evo forum- "I talked to my dealer..." does not count as official information.

Honestly though, do you really expect mitsu to just throw all the new tech stuff in the car and keep it reasonably priced? Seems to me they're gonna use all the stuff they're adding as an excuse to up the price. Just MHO
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SiCKlEyWiKeD
Honestly though, do you really expect mitsu to just throw all the new tech stuff in the car and keep it reasonably priced? Seems to me they're gonna use all the stuff they're adding as an excuse to up the price. Just MHO
Define reasonably priced? Do I think it is gonna go up in price, yeah I do, but $38-$45K, I highly doubt that is going to be the true msrp. But then again I don't know and all I am saying is that we atleast wait till the official North American pricing is released until we jump to conclusions.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Define reasonably priced? Do I think it is gonna go up in price, yeah I do, but $38-$45K, I highly doubt that is going to be the true msrp. But then again I don't know and all I am saying is that we atleast wait till the official North American pricing is released until we jump to conclusions.

And I totally agree with that, that's why I'm not making threads like this. But it does make sense they would raise the msrp if you base it off of inflation alone.

Also, I can see dealers using that as an excuse to mark the Evo up like crazy which is a shame but that's capitalism for you.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Everything else has said the price is going up $2k-$3k over Evo IX prices, but one schmuck says it is going up $9k and you guys believe him.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MDMitsu
I'm just a tech. I hear this stuff secondhand. I just thought that maybe if I have a 1st hand experiance with the car, I can share it. I know I will have the car, maybe I can take tome pics, and post up pros and cons. but it will be few months away. I was just excited when I found out today.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by BenBob
I'm just a tech. I hear this stuff secondhand. I just thought that maybe if I have a 1st hand experiance with the car, I can share it. I know I will have the car, maybe I can take tome pics, and post up pros and cons. but it will be few months away. I was just excited when I found out today.
yea, no offense...but I doubt the sales manager is going to give exact info to a tech...I found out last week about the one we're getting when it was ordered...as soon as we're able to order MR's...I'm ordering one for myself...I'm sure there is going to be a price increase from previous models...but 38K-45K puts them above and beyond the STi pricing (at least I think the STi is going to remain around the same price...although if they're putting out 325+ hp they might have a price spike as well)...Even with all the new technology, rest assured that Mitsubishi is going to be very concerned with the number of units sold...even though the STi looks like I took a dump on the street and put wheels and tires on it, people in the market are going to pay less for more HP...especially if it's considerable less...

let's just hope MSRP...whether it's released in a few hours in Tokyo, or next month in LA, is close to japanese MSRP...
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

wow! i think every one is just jumping to conclutions and not actually compleatly analyzing the whole situation. the car had not even come out yet. Just because the dealership said its this "price" does not mean it will be that "price". The dealership is problably giving a higher than anticipated price range because they only want serious buyers, these are the people who can actually make the payments and not the people who "think" they can make the payments.
Even if the dealer did tell you that the price was $20,000, everyone would be so happy and people would be running to the dealership putting money down for the car. 2 months down the road the actual price is 36,000. Eveyone who put money down for the car would be so mad and call the dealer a lier. Then these people who put money down will tell other people not to buy from that dealership. which would earn him a bad rep.
And so what mitsubihi marked the price a couple thousand dollars more. Look at every one that owns an evo. look at all the mods they have. volk rims, cf hood, gt35 turbo kits, full cusco suspention componets, bride seat blah blah blah. The couple throusand dollars increase means you would be spending that much money on mods.
All in all I think the new Evo X will still be the best bang for the buck! Look at all the new inprovements that was made for the new evo. Navi, new motor, chassis, trans, audio system, active fog lights, fast key,Ect ect. Like come one guys, so what! they raise the price a couple thousand dollars. Look at what it all has to offer! What you think they are going to sell the new EVO X to be CHEAPER that the evo 9??? The offers alot more options compared to the evo 9. Some one has to pay for the R&D. Mitsubishi has created a new motor and tranny. which requires R&D. R&D cost alot of money! Mitsubishi is not going to sell a car that will be cheaper than what is acctualy cost to make a develop just to keep customer happy. Mitsubishi does not care if you can afford it or not. Mitsubishi is selling this car for serious buyers. If you cant afford it dont buy it. there is many buyer that can afford it and will buy it. Look at the market today. The market is going higher and higher every day. Look back in the last few years look at price of food and other consumer products. All the price has dramatically increase throught the few years. Look at how much you got paid in the last few years. Did you get a raise??? I know i did. and i am pretty sure the employees in the manufacturing plant all got raises too. Which means that the price of the vehical will increase too!

Look at the competitors and there cars. Look at lexus, subaru, toyota, gm, ford, bmw, audi, ect ect. Look at all the models, look at the specs and all the options it all had to offer. then look at the price of the car. Hell, go get some paper and write out a table of pros and cons of the cars that compeate with the EVO X. I bet you the EVO X would be still the best bang for the buck. The evo was build for tuners in mind. People who want high performance cars with little to sacifice. Hell go buy a lexus or bmw. do you really want to drive a car that was design with luxury in mind or a car that was designed with performance handling car in mind. So what the EVO X is .2 seconds slower that the EVO 9. How many people keeps a evo stock? they mitsubishi problbly detuned the evo X just because of emitions. OH the new evo X is too heavy! boo hoo. your average america is to f*** heavy. How about losing some weight to scarafice the weight of your car. Mitsubishi has lighten the motor by alot! Mitsubishi has stiffend up the chassis alot more where is it needed. and of course stiffer chassis requre metal and metal is of course heavy. Many owner would probaly add more weight but adding other chassis bracing and heavy audio system. so adding a few hundred pounds is not going to make much of a differance unless you were to make your car into a all out race car.
All in all i think mitsubishi had created very good car. Lets not all jump to conclution.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

its a wait and see game on how much itlbe.. but i still think theyll be in the 32k-36k range
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

the only people we'll see driving evo x's would be the same old guys driving corvettes...just the slightly below budget can't afford a corvette anymore old guys.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

wow, I didn't know all this was going to happen. that's just what our dealer is going try and sell them for. this is all I know.

I was just saying I wanted to share my 1st expreriance with the car with you guys. You guys know more about prices then I do. I just typed what came out of the sales managers mouth.

sorry I wasn't meaning to stir things up, and be called a "schmuck".
Old Oct 24, 2007, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

schmuck

Quick Reply: Ordered evo X