Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

When is Mitsu going to announce actual pricing?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^shhh!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 02:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i guess
Old Nov 20, 2007, 04:51 PM

Finally had time to talk to my local dealer about pre-ordering an X...and I was told that the base MR (no navi) would start at $39,9XX MSRP. He obviously said it was not official from Mitsu, but that the first two numbers are correct and there would be no dealer mark up. He also said the GSR base would be ~$35,9XX MSRP. I hope he was just setting me up for a worst case scenario...
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:04 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I stopped into my stealership today (well, they're actually alright guys) to buy an oil filter and a bag of crush washers. My sales guy told me that they just ordered a couple X's and they should be in right around the new year. I asked him about pricing and he told me pretty much the same pricing as mentioned above and that it wasn't official yet. If this pricing is legit...ouch!

But, I guess that kinda makes sense. They added a lot of creature comforts which were going to add up. Look at the all-new base Lancer and a fully-optioned Lancer GTS. Much more expensive than the previous model. Only makes sense that the new Evo X would be a few grand more than the IX.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:13 PM

Damn I was hoping I was out to lunch...I guess I will wait for the economy to tank and pick one up in the third quarter of 08 at invoice...Jan delivery for the GSR and Feb delivery for the MR by the way.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:16 PM
EvoM Community Team

Well, it's still not "official" yet...so I guess there is still some hope for the guys that want the X...
Old Nov 20, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by agentorangemen
Finally had time to talk to my local dealer about pre-ordering an X...and I was told that the base MR (no navi) would start at $39,9XX MSRP. He obviously said it was not official from Mitsu, but that the first two numbers are correct and there would be no dealer mark up. He also said the GSR base would be ~$35,9XX MSRP. I hope he was just setting me up for a worst case scenario...
gsr 35,9XX where you got that dude? stop giving wrong info please if not sure
Old Nov 20, 2007, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled

^ yea I agree 35k for a gsr no way
Old Nov 20, 2007, 06:17 PM

Straight from my dealer, not official (as in to the dollar) but where the pricing starts
Old Nov 20, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by agentorangemen
Straight from my dealer, not official (as in to the dollar) but where the pricing starts
Dealership never know what they're talking about. I have yet seen a dealership get inside info before us on the net.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 07:40 PM
EvoM Community Team

I heard the identical pricing from my dealer today. Think about it. It kind of makes sense. Fully-optioned Evo IX MR was over $36K. Add in new goodies like an expensive auto tranny, new AWD system and some required safety additions (airbags are expensive and crash testing them is even more expensive) then throw in some new creature comforts and the new MR should sticker right around $40K and over that with all the options.

Another thing to consider...a fully-optioned 2008 Lancer GTS stickers for close to $23K!!! That's very expensive for a Lancer. In the past the Evo was somewhere between $12-$17K more expensive than the Lancer Ralliart. So, add that $12-$17K to the $23K for the new Lancer and you get a range of $35K-$40K for the Evo X.

I hope my dealer is wrong because that's awfully pricy for an Evo. But, Mitsu is targeting a more affluent customer with the Evo X so that MSRP range may not be an issue for them. So, who knows. I would assume if dealers are starting to tell pricing ranges that official numbers will be released soon. Probably before Thanksgiving since this coming weekend is a big car shopping weekend.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 07:48 PM

from another forum

"So I've been calling dealerships around the country to get an EVO X for the new shop car and it seems that most, if not all, EVO X's coming into to dealerships between January and February all have some sort of extra packages on them and that each dealership will only be recieving one X in January and one in February and so on. So I called this Mitsubishi Dealership called Family Mitsubishi in Indianapolis, IN. I asked if they were still taking pre-orders and he (Dave, their EVO guy) said yes. So I asked if he had any idea on the pricing for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black. He asked his manager and said they are not giving exact prices, but for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black the msrp will be no less than $30,999 and no more than $31,999! So if you are seriously interested in buying a X I would recommend calling this place and ask for Dave (1-518-698-4736) if you want some solid pricing quotes on which trim levels you want for your X.

Happy shopping,

-Nick-"

Hope it's true so that way this would put down canadian MSRP too...hopefully!!!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:03 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by thj17
from another forum

"So I've been calling dealerships around the country to get an EVO X for the new shop car and it seems that most, if not all, EVO X's coming into to dealerships between January and February all have some sort of extra packages on them and that each dealership will only be recieving one X in January and one in February and so on. So I called this Mitsubishi Dealership called Family Mitsubishi in Indianapolis, IN. I asked if they were still taking pre-orders and he (Dave, their EVO guy) said yes. So I asked if he had any idea on the pricing for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black. He asked his manager and said they are not giving exact prices, but for a base 2008 EVO X GSR in black the msrp will be no less than $30,999 and no more than $31,999! So if you are seriously interested in buying a X I would recommend calling this place and ask for Dave (1-518-698-4736) if you want some solid pricing quotes on which trim levels you want for your X.

Happy shopping,

-Nick-"

Hope it's true so that way this would put down canadian MSRP too...hopefully!!!
Hmmm...not sure what you quoted is trustworthy...only reason I say that is because the GSR will not be available in black...only the MR...seems a little fishy.

But, hey, if that's the real MSRP than that's great news.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

I'm gonna throw out a complete guesstimate of $33,775 + destination.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 02:09 PM

i need UPDATES!!!

Quick Reply: When is Mitsu going to announce actual pricing?