Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

LA Auto Show Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2007, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some mag (can't remember which, Motortrend?) had a long write up on the R8 and how they drove it for a 1000 miles or so and really beat on it. It's a great car. Wish I had one.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 09:22 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless you're one of the very lucky folks who got in on the pre-order for the R8, you're SOL until next year. The initial pre-order for the car was 700 units and they were sold out in 2 months. They won't release more R8s until late next year...and they've already got close to 1500 people on that waiting list!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, great post.
Here in the Orlando show, AUDI, VW, BMW didn't even show up. Surprisingly.
Subaru didn't have the STI out, and Nissan did not have the GTR in this year's lineup. Which was a great disappointment. .

The only cars that I did get a chance to see, was the EVO X & IS-F,(photos to come soon)

The X was the MR model in Phantom Black, which I agree with 3000ways, it was hot. Def much better in person. I got a chance to see the detail of the paint and was able to compare it to the regular black Lancer that was sitting right next to rotating pedestal. Def a great looking car.
I have the GTS and I already have a good idea on the interior of the X minust the RECARO seats.

The IS-F was beautiful. Great looking car. Too damn expensive.
The 135I I heard was suppose to be 32k starting off and, get this,optioned out to be $52k!!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chino ali
The 135I I heard was suppose to be 32k starting off and, get this,optioned out to be $52k!!
Its a misconception that a maxed out 135i is 52k. People pretty much added some options twice, for example, premium package has leather, but there is a separate leather option you can add for $1,4xx dollars, so people added the leather option with the premium package thinking they are separate things.

Great review 3000, I am really looking forward to my phantom black MR!

edit: I think maxed out 135i is 47k, still f*ken expensive though.

Last edited by jackygor; Nov 21, 2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

i like the way the X looks, just wish the fenders were a little more flared... thats my only issue with the car
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor

How can you not like the 135!? I know I'm biased, but besides the weight of the car, its a winner in my book. I know some people high up in the BMW racing world taking it and putting it IN STOCK TRIM into PREPARED racing classes. They are confident that it will win! Twin turbo BMW with Brembo brakes... kinda sounds like the Bavarians are fighting for a German Evo! ...Just wait till its out and the Evosport guys get their's in, I'll let everyone know how fantastic it is... again, except for the weight-- but what Evo owner can complain about a heavy car!?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chino ali

The BMW 135i starting at $35.6k, with sport package, premium package, the 135i will be close to $41k, Who is going to pay for $52k when you can get a 335i for only $47k ?? Where did you get those info from ???
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

I had a chance to go the car show yesterday and I loved the Evo X in person!

It was beautiful from the sides and from the front. The back is going to take some getting used to.

I also thought that the Nissan GTR was absolutely beautiful. So much nicer in person than in the pictures!

I did not like the lines of the BMW 135i. The M3 is much better looking, IMO.

Audi R8- beautiful.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

That was a nice write-up about the show. I agree with your thoughts regarding the Evo and 135i, but disagree with the STI review. I actually like the new STI more than the new Evo. The new Evo is nice but too tame looking, exterior-wise. The STI fills my desire for this class of cars having pronounced flares and body protrusions in the right places. Of course, this is the beauty of being car people, one man's wine is another man's vinegar

I also recommend to everyone to make your way to the LA show. It is one of the best shows I have seen for several years because manufacturer participation is greater since there is a real seperation from the Detroit show. I need to go back just to see cars I missed the first time.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 02:03 PM
Account Disabled

Yea After I saw it in person, it took me less than 5 sec to say "Im buying this"
Old Nov 21, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

i am torned down between IX and X. I like that IX comes at 3200 lbs with crazy steering feel but than its outdated in front of sporty X with a shark face
Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:01 PM
Account Disabled

^ dude get a dell
Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

the rear of the Evo X isn't that bad actually, it's definitely the weakest link in the design of the X only because of the tail lights. But the tail lights will grow on you and I suspect looks much better in person.

Evo X MR Phantom Black is the one for now.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Trustz
The BMW 135i starting at $35.6k, with sport package, premium package, the 135i will be close to $41k, Who is going to pay for $52k when you can get a 335i for only $47k ?? Where did you get those info from ???

Some ENGADGET article covered the review on the car. The review was based on the price wondering why it was opted so high. The review was all for the 135,, giving it mad props but when they read about the prices on it, they too, bugged out.
Don't know the name of the actual company that reviewed it.
I know what I read.
I really doubt those numbers are true and Kooldino even heard something close to 47k. Whcih is not far from what I heard. But most likely, the numbers were botched up.

As soon as I read that I, too, was like WTF?
I had high hopes on the 135 but when I saw the price, I closed the page.
How can a car go from 32k to 52k by maxing out options?
That is almost twice the price of the car.

And I am not sure who MATT@WORKS was addressing, but I personally like the 135, I was hoping to see one at the Orlando Show but to my dismay, it didn't make an appearance. But all in all, I am looking forward to checking one out and see what the real deal is vs what reviews and people say.

That goes for X as well.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Did you get any pics?

Quick Reply: LA Auto Show Review