Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New Edmunds.com Comparison Test

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The straight line performance numbers on the MR will improve once the SST gets sorted out.

Interesting that the track times are improved with the "softer" MR vs. the GSR. That should only improve as the SST issues get worked out as well.

- Patrick
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

I want somebody to test a RS model.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 8thWonder
I want somebody to test a RS model.
For the X? If I'm not mistaken there isn't one.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOL2003
so why is the X slower in the twistys and the starights?
Devolution?
It's hardly slower. In fact, it's virtually the SAME as the IX. The IX is less than a second faster....hardly a butt whooping. It's close enough that if several runs were made, the IX would win, then the X would win one, and so on.

The IX has less than a 1% advantage!!! That's nothing!!! I think the IX fanboys just like to complain.....
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
The straight line performance numbers on the MR will improve once the SST gets sorted out.

Interesting that the track times are improved with the "softer" MR vs. the GSR. That should only improve as the SST issues get worked out as well.

- Patrick
+1

It seems that the EVO X MR is still having some of the issues that plagued pre-production GSR models. I cannot wait to see how it performs fully healthy. Also did not one person notice their price estimate for the MR? They are saying less than a base STI, which should put it in at just under or right around $35,000 .
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
+1

It seems that the EVO X MR is still having some of the issues that plagued pre-production GSR models. I cannot wait to see how it performs fully healthy. Also did not one person notice their price estimate for the MR? They are saying less than a base STI, which should put it in at just under or right around $35,000 .
That would be awesome if they do come in at under or around $35k. If they do, Subaru is going to have to dump the price of the STI in order to even be competitive since the MR is going to have a ton of nice features over the STI.

- Patrick
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Also did not one person notice their price estimate for the MR? They are saying less than a base STI, which should put it in at just under or right around $35,000

You're looking at 38-39k MSRP for the MR. GSR's price went up a few thousand from the IX to the X. Why would the MR's price go down when it's getting all of the new technology?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by saev
You're looking at 38-39k MSRP for the MR. GSR's price went up a few thousand from the IX to the X. Why would the MR's price go down when it's getting all of the new technology?
if i remember correctly, the price from gsr 9 to X went up about $490 ($32500 to $32990) not counting the RS trim (since there is no evo x RS)
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

To steal buyers away from the overpriced STI?

It depends on which package we're getting as the MR. There's no MR in Japan besides the "GSR Performance Package". I'm assuming that the MR we get will be the "GSR Premium Package" which includes the performance package, the stylish package (color matched vents and chrome trim) and the leather package. The Premium Package runs about 4.2m Yen which is about $39k. If they bring it over as JUST the Performance Package and make the rest options they could probably come in at less than $35k and I think that would be a much better way to do it.

- Patrick
Old Jan 15, 2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by rane
And yet, in many other threads I'll be labeled a "fanboy" for saying the X is a bit of a downgrade...*sigh* lol
It's .3 of a second slower in the 1/4 mile when driven by professional drivers. Oh noes?!!?!?!11!!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by rane
For the X? If I'm not mistaken there isn't one.
yes it is, but sadly we not going to have it, in 08. for sure.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

I agree, it'll be pushing $40k, if the new MR come in at less then the IX MR I'll be in line.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

MR = Disgrace

GSR = YEAH!!!

STI = SUCK NADS!!!!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Even if it was cheaper than the IX MR, I wouldn't even consider getting an X MR.

Since the SST transmission is on a *replace only* policy, the risk is just too big, even if there aren't any mods on the car. How many threads on this board are there of people getting screwed out of warranty work?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Those are pretty respectable times at the Streets of Willow. That's a fun track... as a matter of fact, that's where my avatar image of me and my other baby was shot. Woot!

Quick Reply: New Edmunds.com Comparison Test