Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: Which best describes you?
I own an Evo I-VII
0.77%
I own an Evo VIII
20.77%
I own an Evo IX
14.62%
I don't own an Evo.
63.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

New buyers...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Not sure...

I would hope only those that have purchased a X, or are about to, would vote.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was initially planning to get a mustang (cause its a mustang! and its raw appeal) and from there moved to a Toyota FJ (dnt ask me why, i still dnt knw). Then one day i went out with a bunch of friends and that was the day i sat on an EVO 8. That ride showed me the capabilities of this car. All what i saw and read about the EVO was oh so true! A friend of mine told me to check out the EVO X and thats when i joined this community and started looking at everybody's views on this car. And must say its been really diverse (apart from other things), but i've learnt a lot.

I always adored the car for what people could do with it and never thot that i would be qualified enuf to own one. Now i'm in line to get the car in the summer.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

well I will give the point of view from an EVO 8 MR just to show you all that I actually owned the car here is a thread with pictures of it

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=193646

However I did have one car in between own my 8 and the 10. I had a GTO.
I think that the 10 is a more grown up car compared to my 8. to me the car(evo X) has all the things that I felt the 8 was missing. The 8 was not that attractive of a car in my opinion and the 10 looks much better. the 10 looks much more grown up. The handling is better and isnt nearly as harsh as my 8 was. It has navigation and it feels and drives like a well put together car which my 8 felt like it was falling apart at times. All of this is just IMHO
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:46 PM

looking for something fun.. i own a 636 ninja and i just want something that i can play with and still use it for taking my son places
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Coming from a G35 coupe, I found 2 doors being very annoying. Also, i recently transfered to a university that is located on a mountain; it is a big bonus, and safe, to get a car with AWD. I want a performance upgrade from the G and Evo X fits really well under that requirement. It is also the first time Evo X is landing in Canada, so it is nice to drive a car that is less known! I always wanted to make the G faster, however, it was not worth the money as it was too costly to extract power from the VQ35, unless I go FI of course. The Evo X shall satisfy all my cheap performance needs! Lastly, I love the way the Evo X looks, it looks sophisticated yet pissed off.

335xi is out of my price range and I don't dig the looks too much. G35x fits my needs pretty well, however, I want to try something else. STI, can't get past the looks. I did, for a little while, considered getting the RDX, but hearing about that the Evo X is coming to Canada, I quickly changed my mind.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:44 PM
Account Disabled

Well I spent 33k (including tax) on a used '05 Evo VIII SSL with 30k miles back in October of '07. And in retrospect it made no sense when I could've spent the same to get a GSR or 3k more for an MR.

So now I'm selling mine and getting the MR when it releases.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

I had 400whp on my VIII and sold it mainly to get a IX. But, when I got to the dealership, they let me test drive the X and it was love a first spool-up.. heh. 1 month later don't regret it one bit!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

From 2006 350z to X. I got her on 1/23.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 09:17 AM

I went from a 300hp scion tC to the X. Because my wife and I had a baby and a two door sucks for a baby hauler.Any one getting this for a family car as I did just keep in mind the trunk sucks.Good thing my wife has a mazda speed6 now that thing has a trunk.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

I previously owned a 2003 VIII that I sold back in 2004. I adored the car immensely but after all of the modifications, it was rough and loud and wanted something a bit more refined so I traded it in on a 997S. Well, the 997S is a fantastic car but frankly never lit my fire like the Evo did. The Evos (Every last one I've driven) simply allow you to grab them by the scruff of the neck and toss them around like no other car I've owned or driven.

Well, the 997S is approaching the end of its warranty and I don't see myself eating the depreciation on another premium german sports car. I had bought a Mazdaspeed 3 as a daily driver but it never really did much for me so I ended up driving the new X, found that it fixed many of my complaints about the previous generations (The car is simply smooth) without compromising that quick handling, darty nature of the old cars.

I also like the fact that there is a large aftermarket that doesn't break the bank like with a Porsche. I can put on a few mild bolt-ons and make the car as fast as I want without shelling thousands of dollars.

So that's how I ended up in an X.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

^ Thats exactly how I felt about the evo 8....... I am getting a GTR, just debating about an MR X for a DD... i love both car much
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shahul X
^ Thats exactly how I felt about the evo 8....... I am getting a GTR, just debating about an MR X for a DD... i love both car much
I originally was going to wait for the GTR but I really have to have a traditional manual and that may be a year or two out.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:10 AM

I currently have an IS 350. I decided on the Evo X based on styling, reputation, and honestly, I have always wanted an AWD car and absolutely hate the new STi.

Do not get me wrong, I really like my Lexus, but it is too much of a nanny while driving. There is little to no after market beyond short rams and axle backs (unless you want to spend around 6K for a supercharger that makes 40 hp), the seats become uncomfortable to me after about 20 minutes and I keep finding myself bored with the car.

I cannot wait for Shahul to call me when my black X arrives.

Last edited by Zexnos; Mar 6, 2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:18 AM

IM looking to get a new toy that i can daily drive yet still tinker with and take to the track once and a while.. i own a 550rwhp TT G35 so i dont need a super car.. just a nice Turbo AWD daily.. im still stuck on X MR or STI I personally want the EVO but the limitations of the MR tranny are really keeping me from pulling the trigger right away.. and leaning more towards an STI.

I will def own one of them by JUNE i just dont know which... chances are it will be the evo because well it just looks 10x bettter then the STI lol
Old Mar 7, 2008, 08:39 PM

Comming from v10s, and v8s, I always wanted to see what AWD felt like. Also I was in the market for a 4door. So the evo really suited my needs. After a few days of ownership I really love this little 4cyl. The only problem is every day I drive it I want to start modding it.

PSI..

Quick Reply: New buyers...