Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Mitsubishi To Stop Delivering X's As Of May???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK...lets put a halt to the misinformation express.....

The MR is coming out this spring. The ONLY thing holding it up is a software update for the US spec models. I have personally driven an MR and they already work fine. Mitsu japan just is not finished with the software tweaks. We are expecting to drive the full production ready MR by the end of this month on track.

There is no problem with the SST itself. Yes, in cases it can overheat, but that is the nature of the design and in fairly extreme cases like back to back to back standing launches in launch mode. When it overheats, it just goes slower, and then cools down. The transmission has a number of counter measures built in to protect itself from the owner destroying it.

As far as bad sales go, from what I have seen, the entire Lancer lineup is selling pretty well according to dealers and Mitsu. I believe the outlander is doing ok too. The gallant and endevor may not be doing as well, but they never have and they are old platforms. Previous to these new models, I believe things were not so good, but they seem to be making a come back

For the original topic however, this sounds like a rumor or exaggeration. May is about the expected release of the MR. I can see them scaling back on GSRs to bring in and put out more MRs, but doubtful they would be cut off all together. Another likely scenario would be that they had a high volume for the release, and are cutting back to normal levels, especially with the MR coming and then the ralliart. Either way, they are going to import what they think they can sell. There is no way they are going to hold back on one of their best selling platforms as a whole unless there is no demand
Old Feb 7, 2008, 07:03 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Serious lack of Evo availability is one huge reason Mitsu posted that negative sales run recently, IMO. A year ago, the IX new car market was still awesome as there were plenty of them on dealer lots through May or even June. There were also great deals on those cars.

With only a few dealers having the X and not too many of them, plus not many deals being made, this explains a lot of why they are having poor sales.

I hope they can revitalize, and quickly! I am loving my Evo X.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my source tells me that yours is not coming either

sorry but what you wrote make LESS THAN ZERO sense from any angle, unless Mitsubishi wants to kill itself this year and your source wants to be looking for another job

Originally Posted by Steve@TopLevelAuto
I cant say this to be 100% true because I just dont know, but I have a pretty reliable source who I do trust with this kind of information. He claims that there will be NO MORE deliveries of evo X's after May of 2008 severly limiting the amount of total EVO X's shipped to the US.

Again I dont know this to be true but maybe if anyone else has a dealer connection, they could attempt to verify this info.

Glad I'm getting one next week!!!!!

-STEVE
Old Feb 7, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ

The MR is coming out this spring. The ONLY thing holding it up is a software update for the US spec models. I have personally driven an MR and they already work fine. Mitsu japan just is not finished with the software tweaks. We are expecting to drive the full production ready MR by the end of this month on track.

There is no problem with the SST itself. Yes, in cases it can overheat, but that is the nature of the design and in fairly extreme cases like back to back to back standing launches in launch mode. When it overheats, it just goes slower, and then cools down. The transmission has a number of counter measures built in to protect itself from the owner destroying it.

As far as bad sales go, from what I have seen, the entire Lancer lineup is selling pretty well according to dealers and Mitsu. I believe the outlander is doing ok too. The gallant and endevor may not be doing as well, but they never have and they are old platforms. Previous to these new models, I believe things were not so good, but they seem to be making a come back

For the original topic however, this sounds like a rumor or exaggeration. May is about the expected release of the MR. I can see them scaling back on GSRs to bring in and put out more MRs, but doubtful they would be cut off all together. Another likely scenario would be that they had a high volume for the release, and are cutting back to normal levels, especially with the MR coming and then the ralliart. Either way, they are going to import what they think they can sell. There is no way they are going to hold back on one of their best selling platforms as a whole unless there is no demand
i'm confused. Which is it? Is the MR coming this May or is it an 2009 model? Are the last of the 2008s shipping in May or not?

You guys need to verify this. From one good source (who works at Mitsu), he is saying this is all true, yet you are saying it isn't. What's YOUR position? Who have you talked to?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pltek
my source tells me that yours is not coming either

sorry but what you wrote make LESS THAN ZERO sense from any angle, unless Mitsubishi wants to kill itself this year and your source wants to be looking for another job
DUDE dont jump down my throat, I said I didnt know for sure and it was something I heard. I am getting one next week because My local dealer has a car coming in on monday and for some reason if that doesnt work out, i'll just buy from southcoast. SO regardless I have a car coming to me next week. Only reason I havent bought a car from SC yet is because I'm really trying to support a local dealer of mine and push some sales through them.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
i'm confused. Which is it? Is the MR coming this May or is it an 2009 model? Are the last of the 2008s shipping in May or not?

You guys need to verify this. From one good source (who works at Mitsu), he is saying this is all true, yet you are saying it isn't. What's YOUR position? Who have you talked to?
I dont know if the MR is a 2009, but I dont believe so. I do know they are at least fully intending to bring it out in spring as of last week when we were at MMNA. They have something like 20 MRs at the headquarters just waiting for their software updates. I believe he dealer ones will ship as soon as that is done which is expected to be in the next two weeks. I would say that very very strongly, I doubt there will be any major gap in evo X availability unless demand goes bananas
Old Feb 7, 2008, 09:51 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO STOP SELLING THE X. Just the new model year will come out by the end of the year.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

I bet they say that to get more people to buy them. I don't think everyone is going nuts for the X like they did in 03 when the VIII came out.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:00 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
They have something like 20 MRs at the headquarters just waiting for their software updates......
they are getting a factory approved flash?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Mitsu Need To Be Shut Down...
Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
as far as i know they even cancelled the MR line, for now.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
as far as i know they even cancelled the MR line, for now.
Where are you guys getting your information. It doesn't make any sense for them to do that. I agree w/CharlesJ, at least he makes sense.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

OK, just to clarify things to everyone, Im the one that stated that the MR Production has been cancelled. I never said that there were technical problems witht he MRs, all I said is that production has been cancelled, thats it! Will we be able to order them in the future, only time will tell I guess. For now, only GSRs will be available. Also, I cannot speak for it nationally, but I can speak for the northeast region.

Charles, you stated that the Galant and Endeavor never were good sellers, well I beg to differ extremely with you. The Galant has been and will always be Mitsubishi's bread and butter vehicle. Premium 4 door sedans is the largest and most competitive segment in the US market. The Endeavor was a excellent seller back in 2004 and 2005 when their lease programs were extremely agressive with triple 0 money factors high residual leash cash offers etc. Problem that followed with them in my opinion was the fact that vehicles now coming off lease are not selling horribly at auctions, thus mitsu had to re-adjust their lease program to compensate to their optimism from the beginning with the Endeavors. Regardless, both vehicles have been excellent sellers in the past.

Leo

Last edited by jigga; Feb 7, 2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

So much BS in here...
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Are the last orders for the X for May??? Noone has addressed that yet.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi To Stop Delivering X's As Of May???