Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Pathetic Florida Dealership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pathetic Florida Dealership

Apon my visit to a Ft Myers dealership to look in person at the new X I was greated like "Flies on S***" by the sales team who right away instead of talking about features, options, or even the warranty (that is never covered) talked about the new Evo as being "Fast". NO S***. I mean really that is all the sales team has to say about flagship car that is soooo weak and don't think it's there fault entirely, how about the management take some responsibility to train the salesmen before the hit the floor. But wait it gets better, when I gave a chance to see the knowledge of the management team Ha Ha Ha Ha I asked the horsepower on hte car fully knowing it's 291 they replied 309. WHAT!!!!!! are you kidding. I corrected them very fast and than I was asked if I only came in to insult them. remember these people represent motor co. Then another salesman came over to me and said his boss got confused with the new STi that was sitting outside. Even more of a JOKE because the new STi has 305 HP on the sticker.. and the reply was oh big deal he was only off 4. PATHETIC. sorry about the long post but I thought it was important that this message was told . Remember that we (as consumers) are looking at an almost 40,000$$ car not some crap.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i say get 135i or a 335i and go back to them and tell them you bought that instead because its not "just a mitsu"
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

So did you go in there to prove to them that you knew more about the car than they or did you really want to buy it. Sounds like you were wasting their time.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

people ask me all the time the hp on cars I usually generalize with the consumer a bit it its close, id say 290 to the average joe blow...
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:21 AM

wasting there time or not I should be treated with respect as any customer walking in the door is a potential buyer, and yes i did prove I knew more by correcting them, thats when i got the attitude from the sales team as if I insulted them. well you know what if you get the answer to a question wrong and then get corrected don't be insulted just admit your wrong or don't know.... I'd respect that don't just make up some B.S.....
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Why did you ask them a question if you already knew the answer?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

I am in sales and I have people that come in all the time and try and quiz me and waste my time on something I know they are not even going to buy. We call those people "Squirrels"
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To me, its more important that they treated you fairly, give you a fair price, and have a good buying experience than if they know all their facts and figures. Not every salesman is an evo enthusiast. True, they should be trained, but saying the dealer is crap because they didnt know the answers to you quiz is not completely fair
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
To me, its more important that they treated you fairly, give you a fair price, and have a good buying experience than if they know all their facts and figures. Not every salesman is an evo enthusiast. True, they should be trained, but saying the dealer is crap because they didnt know the answers to you quiz is not completely fair
+1
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:14 PM

I can understand they are not evo enthusiasts but it was sitting right in the showroom with a big sign outside saying "The Evo has landed". Just have a staff meeting to get salesmen on the same page... Plus the percentage of people looking at the X probably already know a little about the car. Why don't the men & women who spend 8 hours a day there not!!!!!!!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

As they say, if you're looking to pick a fight, you'll find one.

Most of the EVO/STI folks are obsessed with the car and they know more about it than any salesperson. Just be honest if you're looking and say you know all about the car and you just wanted to look at it. As a salesperson, you can't spend all day talking about EVO's. Out of 100 people who come to look at the EVO, the 1st 99 are not going to buy it and just want to jaberjaw all day about the car.

When I was selling Mitsus, I got sick and tired of every kid nitpicking about what they did and didn't like about the EVO. It all didn't matter as few bought it anyway.

Last edited by jperryrocks; Feb 22, 2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:32 PM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PRIME8
I can understand they are not evo enthusiasts but it was sitting right in the showroom with a big sign outside saying "The Evo has landed". Just have a staff meeting to get salesmen on the same page... Plus the percentage of people looking at the X probably already know a little about the car. Why don't the men & women who spend 8 hours a day there not!!!!!!!
Those same people could possibly tell you more about an Eclipse than you ever would need to know. It doesn't sound like they were rude to you...it sounds like you went in expecting something, didn't get it and got frustrated. One major problem with salesmen is that a lot of them bounce around from dealer to dealer -- they don't have a chance to learn everything about the cars.

I don't think I would right them off just because of that.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

what its not 389 hp and 456 of torque ? ??!!!!?????????!!!

Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:47 PM
Account Disabled

**** those dumbass morons.

My local dealer referred to the Transmission in the MR as the SMG. And repeatedly told me the MR came in 6-Speed manual even after I told him it was the SST Automatic. He insisted he knew there was a manual gearbox in the MR.

.......what a ****ing bunch of idiots!

Last edited by CharlesJ; Feb 22, 2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
**** those dumbass morons.

My local dealer referred to the Transmission in the MR as the SMG. And repeatedly told me the MR came in 6-Speed manual even after I told him it was the SST Automatic. He insisted he knew there was a manual gearbox in the MR.

.......what a ****ing bunch of idiots!
well technically your both kinda right as its an "automated manual" tranny. although is hes sayin its an smg then hes wrong

Quick Reply: Pathetic Florida Dealership