Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

IS IT TRUE there IS ONLY a LIMITED AMOUNT.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by makdogjoe11
let me explain my dilema.....im 16 and INSURANCE is crazy....the ix insurance is higher then them all...the x's is almost the smae as the ix, but the there is that pricetag...but the gts is right there....i might lightly mod it to look like the x...i.e. paint grill lower it maybe powdercoat the stock rims..but right now i can get a low to mid 30,000 x if i can find it..i also hear that i am less likely to kill myself in a x...is this true.
If you can afford it, get a X, don't try to force your GTS to impersonate one. You can kill yourself in any car, but the X does have 7 airbags & probably has similar crash test ratings, which are pretty good. X is a few tenths slower than the IX stock, so the potential to kill yourself because you think your invincible in your fast new car is still there. Again, if you are responsible & can afford it, get the X. Best of luck & don't trust every dealer you come across. Try calling South Coast Mitsu for better info. It would only cost you $700 to get it shipped to you, if you buy from them (they have the best deals in the country).
Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
let me explain my dilema.....im 16 and INSURANCE is crazy....the ix insurance is higher then them all...the x's is almost the smae as the ix, but the there is that pricetag...but the gts is right there....i might lightly mod it to look like the x...i.e. paint grill lower it maybe powdercoat the stock rims..but right now i can get a low to mid 30,000 x if i can find it..i also hear that i am less likely to kill myself in a x...is this true.
you got it. You walk to a dealer there are 2 similar looking cars

1) X- 40K---0-60 = 5.5 sec

2) GTS-16K---0-60=7.5sec?

I say go for lowest model in manual DS? 13-14K OTD and upgrade turbo and X bodykits
Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

^ forgot to mention insurance for X=2400/6mo, GTS 400/6mo
Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

^j/k just wait for RA AWD 235hp/255tq SST for 25K
Old Feb 26, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the funniest thing I've heard all day :P
Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

your in west palm... lemme guess, you went to west palm mitsubishi on okeechobee? Here's a start: never go there again If you do, try this experiment. Ask to talk to the general manager. get his card and verify that it says General Manager. Call MMNA and ask who the GM for that dealership is. The name on file won't be who you met in person and are holding the card for I've dealt with my share of stealerships, but these guys were the worst.

Take the time and drive 10 minutes to Coconut Creek mitsu and ask for Justin. Or Bill Seidle in Davie on University Dr is also very good.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

settle with the GTS man. A 16 year old shouldnt be handling a car like the X.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik
your in west palm... lemme guess, you went to west palm mitsubishi on okeechobee? Here's a start: never go there again If you do, try this experiment. Ask to talk to the general manager. get his card and verify that it says General Manager. Call MMNA and ask who the GM for that dealership is. The name on file won't be who you met in person and are holding the card for I've dealt with my share of stealerships, but these guys were the worst.

Take the time and drive 10 minutes to Coconut Creek mitsu and ask for Justin. Or Bill Seidle in Davie on University Dr is also very good.
Mitsubishi on Okeechobee is no longer in existance, the sold out to Schumacher Mitsu and turned the old dealership into a new Lambo dealership. Anyways your right when they were in business they were crooks and did **** work as well. Scam artists and the place was a complete dump
Old Feb 27, 2008, 09:10 AM

the evo X was designed with it's main market bieng the us.. we will see ALOT of these cars afterwhile. Don't listen to him pure bs.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

I've personally owned a "limited production car" before... it was the e36/7 BMW M Coupe. How many of those have you seen on the streets? I would believe a somebody on that one because it was true. The Evo X isn't one of those cars. Don't worry, if you want one you can get one... and if you wait, then it will simply be a '09 model Evo X with improvments (if they are warranted).
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IsaRic
settle with the GTS man. A 16 year old shouldnt be handling a car like the X.
Especially one who capitalizes words at random and writes posts in stream of consciousness. I would love to hear him justify why he would be less likely to kill himself in a Evo X than a Lancer GTS.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:47 AM
Account Disabled

let me explain my dilema.....im 16 and INSURANCE is crazy....

I'm sure it is when you're 16. I'm paying almost DOUBLE for the same coverage on the X as I am on the '03 Z06.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
16 and want an Evo X.....wow!

If you think you are stretching to afford it, then you might want to reconsider. Sure, you might be able to "afford" the monthly payments. But can you really "afford" the car? Meaning proper maintenance, wear (tires), mods. This stuff is NOT cheap!

You will end up owning it for 3 months and selling it because you can't afford it, and then up being in more debt than before, even after you sell it!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

I love Mits car salesmen... They should be on stand up comedy hours...
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Was your Mitsubishi dealer speaking about the MR? The MR will be very very limited. Not every dealer will be receiving one. One is all the dealers will be getting too. According to the sales rep in the BB district the total amount of MR's being built for the country will be between 300-350. Not a lot of MR's will be seen this year......

Quick Reply: IS IT TRUE there IS ONLY a LIMITED AMOUNT.