Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

has anyone traded in there GTS for an evo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone traded in there GTS for an evo?

and if you have. how much did you get for it? i wanna trade in my GTS for the X...
Old Mar 14, 2008, 01:32 AM

I will be trading my GTS in for an X whenever my X finally gets to the Baltimore port (should be the week of the 23rd). Best I could get was $16,500 but I already have almost 25k miles on mine. It killed my bargaining power having doubled the average milage in less then a year (40 miles 1 way to work ftl). Lower milage and I would have done much better. Mine is fully loaded with the Navi.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 01:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVL VIII
I will be trading my GTS in for an X whenever my X finally gets to the Baltimore port (should be the week of the 23rd). Best I could get was $16,500 but I already have almost 25k miles on mine. It killed my bargaining power having doubled the average milage in less then a year (40 miles 1 way to work ftl). Lower milage and I would have done much better. Mine is fully loaded with the Navi.

wow 25k already well iv had mine for 5 months and i got 12k and i have it fully loaded in a man trans.... but 16 ehhh after just paying 25 out the door ahh that kills... i wish id be able to get 18 ... so i can break evn :/
Old Mar 14, 2008, 07:29 AM

I traded my RR GTS on a RR EVO. I paid 19,300 in August and racked up 9,400 miles. They gave me 14,500 for it. That car was flawless and detiled to the max. Besides, I made the deal with the sales manager back in August that I was only renting it untill the EVO came out.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

how was the gts? How is the road noise vs the evo?
Old Mar 14, 2008, 02:31 PM
Account Disabled

I actually just traded in my VIII for a GTS 2 weeks ago.

Well, the GTS was for the GF and it was to relieve me of monthly payments so I can save for a down payment for the X MR....
Old Mar 14, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVL VIII
Damn that is messed up... its always shard to get rid of a regular lancer...
Old Mar 15, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

I sold a friend of mine a GTS and he says more people try and race him in the GTS lancer than when he was driving a Lexus IS
Old Mar 15, 2008, 08:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shahul X
I sold a friend of mine a GTS and he says more people try and race him in the GTS lancer than when he was driving a Lexus IS
I've never gotten that kind of attention. I've only had 2 people ask me if it was the new EVO. I've had an appraisal done at my dealership for kicks and they were only offering around 14.5 for mine. Weak sauce. I couldn't afford the X anyway. Sad times... *shakes head in defeat*
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

I will be trading my GTS in within the next couple of months (GOD willing)... I too paid 26 out the door for mine, I have 8 k miles and it's in excellent shape! I have the entire package excluding NAV, if they don't give me at least 17.500 for the car they can kiss my seat! I'll be walking in there with 2k, great credit score, my trade and numerous purchases (3 of my own, and have taken 2 of my friends which purchased a base galant and galant SE).

If they can't fit in me a base GSR for 650.00 a month I'll go else where or settle for the ralliart! With the economy being in the shape it is I don't believe I'll have a problem making some sort of headway. Even though mitsubishi sells are up dealerships are still hurting!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Resist the syst
I will be trading my GTS in within the next couple of months (GOD willing)... I too paid 26 out the door for mine, I have 8 k miles and it's in excellent shape! I have the entire package excluding NAV, if they don't give me at least 17.500 for the car they can kiss my seat! I'll be walking in there with 2k, great credit score, my trade and numerous purchases (3 of my own, and have taken 2 of my friends which purchased a base galant and galant SE).

If they can't fit in me a base GSR for 650.00 a month I'll go else where or settle for the ralliart! With the economy being in the shape it is I don't believe I'll have a problem making some sort of headway. Even though mitsubishi sells are up dealerships are still hurting!

exactly... thats what i am relying on the fact that htey arent selling much... im ganna walk in with 4g and hope for something of the sort... that is if my gf wont just take over the payments like id hope.... =/ she really wants a 350z
Old Mar 16, 2008, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah car sells are down in general so, I'm sure if you come across the right lot they'll be willing to work with you/us! And lets face it, they'll jack the price of our GTS right back up to near 18k, or more if the person that's interested in the car/cars has below average credit!