Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

X Parts Bulletin - Battery Replacement - AI-LE-01-08

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2008, 06:54 AM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
X Parts Bulletin - Battery Replacement - AI-LE-01-08

Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so is that available through mitsu?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:45 AM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve@TopLevelAuto
so is that available through mitsu?

Yes they have been available for a few months actually.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can someone sticky this? It will be useful down the road. Maybe combo all of these wonderful things Russell gives us into one huge merge sticky?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 08:54 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by kidneythief13
Can someone sticky this? It will be useful down the road. Maybe combo all of these wonderful things Russell gives us into one huge merge sticky?
Not this one.

There are more sticks in Evo X General than in Evo General. If I keep it up, the whole first page of the forum will be stickies.

Maybe I'll consolidate some.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So this isn't a recall just FYI? What is the cost of the battery?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

good to know
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for bringing up a dead thread, is this a tsb? My battery dies almost every week and I want the battery to be replaced coz I read that the evo x is having trouble with the panasonic battery.

If I go to a Mitsubishi dealer, would they just change it out for me?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
Sorry for bringing up a dead thread, is this a tsb? My battery dies almost every week and I want the battery to be replaced coz I read that the evo x is having trouble with the panasonic battery.

If I go to a Mitsubishi dealer, would they just change it out for me?

I believe there is a service bulletin, but it was such a long time ago that I forget the specifics. I too had a Panasonic battery when I bought my car back in 2008, but the dealer replaced it for me shortly after, due to the fact that car was having hard time starting on random occasions. I haven't had any problems since.

Contact your dealer's service department. I know of several other people who had their Panasonic batteries replaced under warranty.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avatar2140
I believe there is a service bulletin, but it was such a long time ago that I forget the specifics. I too had a Panasonic battery when I bought my car back in 2008, but the dealer replaced it for me shortly after, due to the fact that car was having hard time starting on random occasions. I haven't had any problems since.

Contact your dealer's service department. I know of several other people who had their Panasonic batteries replaced under warranty.
Can u please give me specifics? Coz I still have the panasonic and dealer said the battery is fine. That they have to test the car before they would change out the battery.

In any case, this problem is hindering me from installing my boost gauge and my wbo2, coz I don't want the dealer to think that those gauges r causing the "drained" battery.

I just want them to change out the battery to the replacement, red-top, and if that battery still "drains", then I'm sure that there is a short or a parasitic drain somewhere. Thing is, I don't have any other mod that would possibly drain it. Electrical side of things, is basically virgin. The mods I have r mechanical and not electrical, ie intake, TBE, uicp.

Is there something I could tell them that would just make them change out the batt?

I'm going to call Mitsubishi Corp and ask customer service if this is a known problem for the evo....coz I already told them that reading on a bunch of evo forums that this is a known problem, but they don't talk the word of forums.

I just want the car fixed so I can install my gauges, and tune it.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:32 AM

I remember the service department doing a battery check. It's been over 2 years at this point, so I am little hazy on the fine details.

I've discussed the problem with the service manager and he took care of the rest. It is a somewhat of a known issue, otherwise why would they offer a Red Top as a replacement for the OEM Panasonic battery?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avatar2140
I remember the service department doing a battery check. It's been over 2 years at this point, so I am little hazy on the fine details.

I've discussed the problem with the service manager and he took care of the rest. It is a somewhat of a known issue, otherwise why would they offer a Red Top as a replacement for the OEM Panasonic battery?
unfortunately, mitsu dealers here are stingy. they want to do "tests" first before they would even think about changing the battery, im thisclose to just buying my own battery. but now i have a case manager for the warranty job and just waiting for a call from the case manager.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

I always like to change out my battery after 3 years. Sure you could possibly get a lot more years or whatever, but I never wanted to risk something stupid like that. For those driving 2008's, this is the perfect option.