Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Can a 09 lancer be turned into a EVO X

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cow town racer
I believe the evo x is built off of the base lancer chassis but it is definately not the same. The evo chassis is much stiffer.
u can always add struts bars, sway bars, a roll cage and etc to stiffen up the chassis but even still it wouldnt be an evo or even make up 4 it

u can turbo charge the lancer 2 b faster but it still wont b an evo

adding a turbo and throwing in bars wont cost u that much

i think its the AWD that will kill u more in ur pockets

in the end i dont think its possible 2 make it into an evo, even though u spend a crap load of money in the end its still not an evo

but that doesnt mean u cant make ur car an evo style project car =P

and if u want 2 beat an evo on the track thats not 2 hard

driver skills is where it counts
Old May 3, 2008, 03:43 PM
Account Disabled

Or you can just do what this guy from SoCalEvo.net did and pretend it's an Evo.

Old May 3, 2008, 03:59 PM

^^^Pimptastic!!!

Probably same chasis but with many more welds to stiffen rigidity and brackets to mount the awd system.

They op probably wanted to do this for sleeper status and lower insurance.
Old May 3, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

of course the lancer ra and the evo x share the same chasis AND motor. one of the biggest reasons i stayed away from the x.
Old May 3, 2008, 05:42 PM
Account Disabled

it depends on what you want..like everyone has said..no matter what u do it wont be a true evo...soul of an evo but not an evo....if your like me and you wont be doing any track racing or neither care about AWD..and most of of your racing is gonna be on straights on the street or at the track..then you can make a lancer faster than an evo in that sense..

of course it would take money..building the internals up..once u get that...get the turbo..get some nice tuning and you may be able to beat an X in a straight..

get an evo X conversion kit and your good to go..of course its not that simple

by the time you finish with all that you'll probaly be around the price of an evo anyway..if i had the money id have an Evo X MR and a regular lancer as a project and build it up..

and as for that GTS evo wanna be..wow..that is ugly..the wing looks so not oem
Old May 3, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JspecEfini
of course the lancer ra and the evo x share the same chasis AND motor. one of the biggest reasons i stayed away from the x.
Good ... one less Evo X around to flood the streets.
Old May 3, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jackygor
With enough money, you can also turn your dick into a vagina
This is very true, I've seen this done on doctor 90210.
Old May 3, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can make a lancer faster than an evo, but it still won't be an evo (It would be near impossible for it to handle like an evo). The Max im prepared to spend on upgrades to my lancer is $15-$20k, I figure around $12k goes to drivetrain, and the other $3k to suspension. and before everyone tells me I should have bought an evo, my lancer GTS cost me around $23k, ($350 a month payments) now with 4,000 miles its worth about $16k id guess, so for me to buy an evo I would need to come up with another $20k, plus triple insurance rates. It just seems cheaper for me to come up with $20k over the course of 5 years, than to have my monthly payments increase $200 and insurance increase $4000 a year. (Maybe not cheaper, but more manageable considering I don't make alot of money)

Edit: One more thing, don't try to make your lancer look like an evo. Go with a different style and be proud you have a lancer. (Kinda hard considering the evo x and 08+ lancers look very similar)

Last edited by Bladed; May 3, 2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old May 3, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

as soon as you start modding, there goes your warranty
Old May 3, 2008, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bladed
You can make a lancer faster than an evo, but it still won't be an evo (It would be near impossible for it to handle like an evo). The Max im prepared to spend on upgrades to my lancer is $15-$20k, I figure around $12k goes to drivetrain, and the other $3k to suspension. and before everyone tells me I should have bought an evo, my lancer GTS cost me around $23k, ($350 a month payments) now with 4,000 miles its worth about $16k id guess, so for me to buy an evo I would need to come up with another $20k, plus triple insurance rates. It just seems cheaper for me to come up with $20k over the course of 5 years, than to have my monthly payments increase $200 and insurance increase $4000 a year. (Maybe not cheaper, but more manageable considering I don't make alot of money)

Edit: One more thing, don't try to make your lancer look like an evo. Go with a different style and be proud you have a lancer. (Kinda hard considering the evo x and 08+ lancers look very similar)

my evo x insurance is 1600 a year, i am 26 w/ a cleam driving record, where you get 4k from???
Old May 3, 2008, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's hard to turn apple into orange. buying an orange is easier.
Old May 3, 2008, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

i honestly have to say that lancer in the above pictures is by far the gayest thing i have seen in awhile. Mostly because of the colors, the black spoiler is horrible and the red mitsu symbol? I guess its just the rear end that looks like complete crap. rice, extra sticky thanks.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kisada
Good ... one less Evo X around to flood the streets.
um no. since people are not buying x's, which is happening right now with **** poor sales, dealers will begin to sell these high production vehicles at less than they are worth to move them off the lot. cant be good for their value in the long run.
Old May 4, 2008, 02:05 PM

here ya go, turn your lancer into an evo, the entire kit.. have fun!

http://www.body-kit.com/2008Lanevox.html
Old May 4, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JspecEfini
um no. since people are not buying x's, which is happening right now with **** poor sales, dealers will begin to sell these high production vehicles at less than they are worth to move them off the lot. cant be good for their value in the long run.
Hmmmmm........Ok! How many Months have the X been out to make this assumption that people are not buying them? And what data do you have proof of this?
Please explain?

Quick Reply: Can a 09 lancer be turned into a EVO X