Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

got an evo X last sat...tarmac check flashes..help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got an evo X last sat...tarmac check flashes..help

im not sure if im posting to the right forum...but anyway...Hello just got d new evo X..and i still dont know a lot about this car.im a newbie on turbos and awd but i aint a newbie on tuning cars, however this is the first time for me to own a F/I car...i currently own an 04 m3 and my06 s2k and just got d evoX .i got it over the weekend, and today when i left the haus and i have been driving for about 30mins..the cra bogs and the guage flashes the engine service reminder multiple rapid times but stayed off, also it also displays tarmac check!!! it recurred 2-3 times after the first incident but its ok now...just wanna know what is the cause of it..is it normal or not? thanks for the input evo experts...have a nice day...
Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:28 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

Better see the dealer.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

I think what you're describing is normal. It's just the service reminder. The whole HUD assembly was kind of a pain at first, but you'll get used to it. In all honesty, you should read the owner's manual and it tells you a little bit about the display. You don't have any other light lit up, right? NO Check Engine light?

Basically just go to the service interval screen and press the Info button for 3-4 seconds. It will change screens and... I forget from there. It's in the manual.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think this is normal. This is probably a problem with the AYC system.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 03:46 PM

I would check with dealer just to be safe.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

That is not normal. It should not be flashing the engine service. Go to the dealer.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could be from the rough idle throwing the P1320 code. I would get it checked out. It should be simple to fix, as it's most likely a lose sensor or something simple. Let us know what you find out.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:09 PM

well, thanks for the info guys...the car has no CEL...the car just bog a few times when i step on the pedal trying to accelerate and the guage screen displays a tarmac check and service engine soon rapidly flashes and stays off..the car runs normal like it should after this incident...i also read the manual and it doesnt address the issue i have.. going to the dealer would be a pain in the butt coz theres no CEL or any warning sign that theres is problem with the car and it will be difficult for the dealer to assess the problem this way...right now the car runs perfect its just that it bogs a few times and displayed the tarmac check and service engine soon reminder, but it stayed off thou...i will keep on driving the car then il take to the dealer if it happens again.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wait, I think you are seeing the traction control kick in. Does it do it when you hammer it coming around a corner?

Try hitting the ASC button on the left side of the dash (you'll get an ASC Off light on the dash) and try the same maneuvers. You should now get the experience you expect.

If you really want to have some fun, hold the ASC button for 3-5 seconds and you'll get a big exclamation point on the HUD and you'll be all on your own, no computer nannies to help you (actually I don't know how much help you'll get you might still get the S-AYC in this mode).
Old Jun 27, 2008, 04:42 AM

I think what you're describing is normal
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by jirro22
im not sure if im posting to the right forum...but anyway...Hello just got d new evo X..and i still dont know a lot about this car.im a newbie on turbos and awd but i aint a newbie on tuning cars, however this is the first time for me to own a F/I car...i currently own an 04 m3 and my06 s2k and just got d evoX .i got it over the weekend, and today when i left the haus and i have been driving for about 30mins..the cra bogs and the guage flashes the engine service reminder multiple rapid times but stayed off, also it also displays tarmac check!!! it recurred 2-3 times after the first incident but its ok now...just wanna know what is the cause of it..is it normal or not? thanks for the input evo experts...have a nice day...
This has happened a few times to me also. It has happened a few times while I was switching on my lights while driving in a tunnel, very strange... have not seen the dealer cause I have a decent list of mods on it and it doesn't affect the car besides that little "bog down" it does at that time. I am however throwing a P0171 code for my system being too lean but they are not linked, just thought I'd mention it. I've tried MAF cleaner but to no avail. I'm going to try Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner next and see if it comes back on. I'm almost positive I have no leaks in my lines.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

I threw a tarmac check once doing like 30 on a gravel road and one time when I hit a small pothole with two of my left wheels. Was your AC on?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:03 AM

not normal it could be your abs