Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

4 point harness

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J5isalive2
slam on your brakes with a 3pt harness... your belt locks and as you move forward your lap belt tightens prventing you from going down... try the same thing with a 4pt... hmm the belt stretched a little and your lap belt didn't tighten up.

now hit a wall.... see if you slide under the 4 pt, and the 3 pt.....
You hit the nail on the head. Another factor to consider is when most people adjust a harness, they firm up the waist belts, then really crank on the shoulder straps. 9.9 times out of 10, you'll end up seeing the buckle move up an inch or more. This will also make it easier for your body to slide under the harness in the event of a head-on crash.

Dave
Old Aug 5, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
the 4 point harness should be tight all the time... That is why not comfortable for DD. Fact if i strap myself in the car i cant close the door if its fully open. Or you cant even reach the glow compartment.. But the 4-5-6 point harness is not made for DD or comfort. It is made for safety only. SO when you start coming back like the 3 point is better...
I would hit a wall with the 3" 4 point harness vs the factory 3 point one.
The 4-5-6 point harness is much more safer the any 3 point one with the proper install . If you dont have a roll-cage then you might run into a problem if you will roll over. / i doubt though. since no proof of that , at least not being presented so far. Like look this is happened and the guy injured because: etc/ ANd even that case i still prefer the 4-5-6 point over the 3 one.
we can talk about it as long as you want it. Fact i had major accident in this spring when testing the car.
Full roll cage bucket seats NO HELMET! /Since was a small run./ Hit a tree the car ripped a part, we get out without scratch. No blue marks on the shoulders etc.
i bet with the 3 point harness i would be looking different today
ANd this wasn't my first accident.
I know i'm a bad driver . SO i tested a couple set already.