Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Shorty Antenna

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shorty Antenna

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I purchased a "Shorty" Antenna (2") from Perrin Performance. I can't remember the price.... but I think it was around $30 or so. Anyway...... it specified that it was for the EvoX. Perfect fit, no gaps..... and looks IMHO great! They also sell a 4" one.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

any pics to show there is no gap? i have the older agency power one from my 9, theres a slight gap, but i think it will be fine when i get the apr vg
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:15 PM
Former Sponsor

I would love to see some pic's!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

pics!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

+1 on the pics... I was about to cut my stocker
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:21 PM

Unhappy

pictures please
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm my last Perrin shorty antenna was alrite. The reception always went bad as i went into a parking garage, as when compared to the stock antenna it was fine. Also inside there's a metal screw, does that still unscrew off? I'm not sure why it's designed that way as the stock ones are bolted tight onto the antenna itself.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by JoeyM3
any pics to show there is no gap? i have the older agency power one from my 9, theres a slight gap, but i think it will be fine when i get the apr vg

Sorry....... no pics at the moment. However........ you'll have to take my word for it..........IT FITS PERFECT!!! Absolutely NO GAPS!!! This antenna must be new from Perrin.......... they market it on their website stating it fits the Evo X! Why would I lie??? As a matter of fact...... to be totally honest with all of you....... it looks soooooooooooo much better than the OEM that I hope no one else gets it and my car is the only one!!!

Disclamer: I work for Perrin and make a commission on every shorty antenna that is purchased.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea I wanna see pics because all the antennas i've seen so far have gaps if this one doesn't have any its a sure bet for me.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by R0ME0
Yea I wanna see pics because all the antennas i've seen so far have gaps if this one doesn't have any its a sure bet for me.
Wow! Soooooooo many "doubting Thomas's"! OK....... I confess....... I lied. There is a gap!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

no one is doubting you, we just need pics to confirm lol
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

How's the reception?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

You work for Perrin and won't provide pics? Come on man take some already so you can make some money on all the shorys you'll sell - unless there's a gap
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

I got the Perrin 2" Shorty Antenna before I even had the car, it was my first mod : )

It does have a bit of a gap but still looks miles better than stock. The gap is maybe 1/8"-1/4". The only thing I didn't like is that it doesn't say Perrin on it, but rather some other company name (Azzena, or something like that) which is kind of weird. I tried to rub off the lettering but it looks like I will have to paint it instead.

Reception seems fine, same as stock but since I don't ever listen to the radio besides AM News occasionally it doesn't affect me (Music Server FTMFW!)

I am detailing the car tomorrow so I will take pics then, she is a dirty girl right now, (I kinda like her that way) LOL.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GoKimiGO
I got the Perrin 2" Shorty Antenna before I even had the car, it was my first mod : )

It does have a bit of a gap but still looks miles better than stock. The gap is maybe 1/8"-1/4". The only thing I didn't like is that it doesn't say Perrin on it, but rather some other company name (Azzena, or something like that) which is kind of weird. I tried to rub off the lettering but it looks like I will have to paint it instead.

Reception seems fine, same as stock but since I don't ever listen to the radio besides AM News occasionally it doesn't affect me (Music Server FTMFW!)

I am detailing the car tomorrow so I will take pics then, she is a dirty girl right now, (I kinda like her that way) LOL.
IF IT DOES NOT HAVE THE PERRIN LOGO IT IS NOT A PERRIN PART

Quick Reply: Shorty Antenna