Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Seen on ebay: OEM Evo X Wing and Trunk Lid

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2008, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X
how you went though paypal, that why if it is a scam you can use there lawyers and get your money back. But yes keep us posted.
Don't even need lawyers, just file a dispute, and that's all you have to do if you need to get your money back if you made your payment through PayPal.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by toolapcfan
**** it, I bought it. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
your crazy
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^we will find out in due time.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:37 AM

looks like it sold, with a buy it now....dang I really wanted it
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could of brought that for my buddy's Lancer DE. But I smell a scam at that price...
Old Oct 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

No offense, but it's funny watching you guys worry so much about a shady eBay transaction.

I've been on eBay for 6 years now, and, in case you don't know...you can file a PayPal dispute to get your money back.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^ what he said. That is why you always pay though pay pal. If you dont get your item then just call pay pal and tell them item not recived and they give you your money back and they sew the people. Let them be the middle man and you sit back and enjoy the ride lol.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 09:03 PM

Well here's the scoop, the guy e-mails me and tells me that it has no wing, it's just the trunk lid. Says it lists for $400. Asks me what I want to do. So I have an out, however if one of you guys wants a wingless trunklid, I'll still buy it and I can paint it and ship it to you. I've painted a few cars so I can do it right. I'm going to ask if it has holes for the spoiler or not, it'd be nice if it didn't. I might consider putting it on my car since I hate looking over the thing anyway. Let me know what you think.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 628
No offense, but it's funny watching you guys worry so much about a shady eBay transaction.

I've been on eBay for 6 years now, and, in case you don't know...you can file a PayPal dispute to get your money back.
Oh yeah...? You happen to know what Paypal does when the guy doesn't have money in his Paypal account? NOTHING.
You're better off using a credit card. Whether you pay him directly with it, or you use it through Paypal. The CC company will charge him back for it. Paypal is only good if the scammer is stupid enough to leave money in his Paypal account.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 09:14 PM
Account Disabled

well this is what he sent me

"The Mopar part number is MN161462 and the trunk and wing is unpainted.
I will try to get some pics next time I am at my storage unit."
Old Oct 6, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LuDa

Mopar??? what now..has the guy gotten his lies mixed up... maybe he's selling a non-existent neon trunk as well.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 09:30 PM

I forgot to mention, he's offered to refund money since there's no spoiler. So I asked him the following:

1) Is this an OEM genuine mitsubishi replacement part?
2) Does the trunklid have predrilled holes for a spoiler?
3) How much of a refund are you willing to give me if it buy it as is?

I've googled the part number and I believe this is a trunk lid that has holes drilled for a spoiler, the description is "MR trunklid (spoiler)" they also sell an MN161463 which is described as "MR trunklid (no spoiler). So I can see why at first glance a person would think it includes a spoiler, but when you see the other part number and description it makes sense that there's two trunklids, one predrilled and one not.

So we'll see what he says, but If the discount is decent, I'm still willing to buy it, tig weld the holes shut, grind them smooth, lightly fill with duraglas, prime and paint it, either for my car or someone elses.

Ryan Downs, the CEO of Paypal is someone I happen to be acquainted with, so I'm not all that concerned about getting my money back.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fastkevin
Oh yeah...? You happen to know what Paypal does when the guy doesn't have money in his Paypal account? NOTHING.
You're better off using a credit card. Whether you pay him directly with it, or you use it through Paypal. The CC company will charge him back for it. Paypal is only good if the scammer is stupid enough to leave money in his Paypal account.
Actually they'll put the seller at a negative balance, I don't know whether that instantly goes back to the buyer's account, or if they wait until the seller puts more money in his account. Eventually PayPal will do what they can to get the funds back, which as another poster stated: sue. PayPal's not just some dead-end as many believe it to be. And if you can't wait for your funds, a (maybe) quicker way to get your funds back is to go through your credit card issuer and file for a charge-back.

But anyway..

Scamming such a small amount on eBay/PayPal doesn't make sense to me. Eventually you get flagged (for your constant negative feedback and leaving your PayPal balance in negative) and won't be able to use eBay/PayPal anymore.

You can always use a fake name/proxy to get passed filters later on (Been there, done that), but it'll be difficult for the seller to ever physically touch his/her money later on with spoofed account. Especially right now since lately they've been significantly improving their security.

And, unfortunately, I speak from my own experience. Both sides of the transaction.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 09:06 PM

Well, I'm passing on the trunk. It is an OEM Mitsubishi trunklid that's predrilled for a spoiler. He was willing to knock off $50 but said he misquoted the shipping. Sounds like backpedaling to me.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by LuDa

Why a Mopar number and not a Mitsubishi number?

Quick Reply: Seen on ebay: OEM Evo X Wing and Trunk Lid