Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

AMS Shop TIME ATTACK EVO X build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't wait to see the final product and race results. btw that is the biggest wing i've ever seen on an evo.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Are the wing mounts supported by the chassis in any way or are they just into the trunk lid?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

not sure if anyone has asked, but does the car retain the acd, ayc etc?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 07:51 PM

sounds like a sick build cant wait to see it when its finished.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does this mean the wide fenders are going back on?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

am I the only one who cant see the pics? just blank spaces when i look at the posts...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chkmgnt59
am I the only one who cant see the pics? just blank spaces when i look at the posts...

You can see 100s of photos from the build in our gallery here :
http://www.amsperformance.com/galler...186&g2_page=14

Rich
Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Are the wing mounts supported by the chassis in any way or are they just into the trunk lid?
It's hard to tell from the pictures but the wing is not bolted to the trunk its bolted outside of the trunk actually on the rear quarter panel and to the chassis.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ScottSpeed21
Does this mean the wide fenders are going back on?
The wide body work will come around towards Mid season when we get it all finished up. It will be standard body for a few races.

Eric
Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Wow you guys have really stepped aero wise on this one (not sure if you went this far on the last TTU Evo):

Was this done in house? Looks like the car may have even spent sometime in a windtunnel??
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:20 AM

^^^ So nice, so nice
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
It's hard to tell from the pictures but the wing is not bolted to the trunk its bolted outside of the trunk actually on the rear quarter panel and to the chassis.
Cool. It's amazing how much structure you actually need to support a wing that will be making as much down force as that one will way up there in clean air.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

The underbody panel is AMAZING!. Do you guys plan to make a mold of it and sell it to the plublic? I am definetly intrested. What is it made out of??
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo8dad
Wow you guys have really stepped aero wise on this one (not sure if you went this far on the last TTU Evo):

Was this done in house? Looks like the car may have even spent sometime in a windtunnel??
THANKS!

Our old Time attack car did not have even half of the engineering we have put into this car, aero included. We really sat down and engineered this car to hopefully run circles around our previous effort. TA1 was a great car and won a ton of races and broke a decent number of records....hell its still doing it in the Caribbean right now. However it was not built using all of our resources. This is a much better example of what we are capable of and hopefully our efforts will be rewarded hahaha.

As far as a wind tunnel, no unfortunately we are still a small budget team by most racing standards and wind tunnel time is VERY expensive. Flat bottoms are really more of a proven element in a race car based on aerodynamics and down force. We know it will work. With a wind tunnel we could of got much more creative with that underpanel and it would not look so flat. Hopefully down the road it will be even better. Another thing to note is that the picture shown is not the complete underpanel. We also have side pieces that not only cover the rest of the underbody but come out as wide as the front splitter does.

This is all carbon kevlar and pretty expensive stuff so we really do not have any plans on making this a production thing.....although we said that about the carbon roof too so who knows lol

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jun 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

I was going to ask about the sides of the underbody as just running the plate down the middle would be beneficial but, having the sides would be a hole new game. Good for you guys for investing this much time and effort into a X I wish I had the time/budget to do something like this, my mouth waters at the thought. At least you guys are generous enough to post up so many photographs and talk about the car, which is a pleasant surprise as most rase teams are super tight lipped.

I love the front diffuser and who it leads the air into the undertray I'm sure alot of people will be closely watching your progress (including those boys in Japan!!).

Whose the driver line up for this one? Daddio/Gerrard?

Quick Reply: AMS Shop TIME ATTACK EVO X build Thread!