Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been lurking on this thread for a while and was considering a GSR 2 months ago but now am interested in a Base MR. I have located a handful in various states and would consider getting the car shipped to me.

I believe the MSRP is 38,6xx and I have seen a few listed for 32,600 with the rebates included, minus owner loyalty. I am planning on paying cash.

Do you guys think 32k in change is a good deal for a Base MR? Is there anyone here in the market for one that can comment or who has recently purchased a Base MR give a comparison?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:27 PM

does any body kno of a good dealer in the chi??? ive been lookin for a while but i cant find the right one yet =/
Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jo151
I have been lurking on this thread for a while and was considering a GSR 2 months ago but now am interested in a Base MR. I have located a handful in various states and would consider getting the car shipped to me.

I believe the MSRP is 38,6xx and I have seen a few listed for 32,600 with the rebates included, minus owner loyalty. I am planning on paying cash.

Do you guys think 32k in change is a good deal for a Base MR? Is there anyone here in the market for one that can comment or who has recently purchased a Base MR give a comparison?
You can get a loaded MR at Serramonte, CA and have it shipped to you. MSRP for their last MR on stock is $41,500. Can be had for $31,500 after the $2,000 cash rebate. You can avail loyalty and military rebates on top of that ( if you qualify ). Give them a call IMO, saves you the trouble of finding & haggling with other dealers.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by tipoytm
You can get a loaded MR at Serramonte, CA and have it shipped to you. MSRP for their last MR on stock is $41,500. Can be had for $31,500 after the $2,000 cash rebate. You can avail loyalty and military rebates on top of that ( if you qualify ). Give them a call IMO, saves you the trouble of finding & haggling with other dealers.
That's a great price...if I was looking for a nicely equipped car I would jump on that, and the shipping would be under 1k from CA to CT. I'm assuming the car has either the aero or navi? Do you know which? TY.

Last edited by jo151; Jun 23, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

^ I don't know... give them a call, contact info is on their website.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 01:36 AM

i've been looking and waiting for a good deal for months. i have 2 other friends looking for an x as well.
we should just start a group buy.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

If you're paying cash, there is a good chance that you can get it even lower than that. Remember, money talks. And you are not getting into the financing part, hence the discounted price.

I remember when I was still hunting for a good deal, Anaheim Mitsu gave me an offer of $30,800 OTD, which is about $27,000 + TTL if I pay cash for a GSR w/ SSS last May. Now if they're willing to do $27k + TTL, I'm sure there is still room to negotiate.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daskid
If you're paying cash, there is a good chance that you can get it even lower than that. Remember, money talks. And you are not getting into the financing part, hence the discounted price.

I remember when I was still hunting for a good deal, Anaheim Mitsu gave me an offer of $30,800 OTD, which is about $27,000 + TTL if I pay cash for a GSR w/ SSS last May. Now if they're willing to do $27k + TTL, I'm sure there is still room to negotiate.
Dealers usually make more money when some finances. Not only does it give them a chance to sell product on the back end they typically get a kick back on bank just for doing the loan and then they have also have the chance to mark up the interest rate for additional money. My point being is that you stand to get a better price on the car if they think they have a chance to make money on the finance back end from you.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
Dealers usually make more money when some finances. Not only does it give them a chance to sell product on the back end they typically get a kick back on bank just for doing the loan and then they have also have the chance to mark up the interest rate for additional money. My point being is that you stand to get a better price on the car if they think they have a chance to make money on the finance back end from you.
Yeah, that's true.

A salesguy told me that sometimes, when a dealership runs your credit and they give you some BS interest rate, lets say 0.9%, when you actually qualify for 0%. They just mark it up so that they can get more money from you. And it's also good to have in writing how many times they would run your credit to get the best rate. I specifically told them to run our (my wife and I) credit only once so that the score doesn't go down that much, and put in it writing and have them sign it. The same salesguy also told me that it is not clearly stated on the credit app, so some dealerships tend to scratch the hell out of your score just to come up with a BS interest rate, when you actually qualify for 0%, like I stated above. Either way, they ****ed you up.

So your best bet is to talk to the guy nicely and get the best possible price on the car, then after they run your credit, you can haggle more back and forth and hopefully they'll give in to your demands.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 02:58 PM

32,077 for a Base MR with cash rebate but no military or owner loyalty rebate. What do you guys think?

After calling around for several days all over the country, I cannot seem to get any lower than this.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 03:39 PM

32,077 for a Base MR with cash rebate but no military or owner loyalty rebate. What do you guys think?

After calling around for several days all over the country, I cannot seem to get any lower than this.

you can do better, of course they're not going to give you the lowest price on the phone you'll have to negotiate
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by dotkong
you can do better, of course they're not going to give you the lowest price on the phone you'll have to negotiate

I've hit a brick wall at many of the dealerships I have called. That price is with negotiating, them calling me back, etc. I've found Base MR's to be more difficult to negotiate because they are attractive to people like me who want to get into a MR without spending thousands on items they don't want. I have found MR's with aero kits or navi for around the same price but they both don't appeal to me regardless of cost.

Anyone pick a Base MR recently that can offer a comparison?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

^ I don't understand, I just told you where to get a loaded MR for cheaper than what you said is the lowest you can find for a base MR. That seems to be a no brainer for me. You are basically getting the extra options for free, and still come out about the same price after shipping.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by tipoytm
^ I don't understand, I just told you where to get a loaded MR for cheaper than what you said is the lowest you can find for a base MR. That seems to be a no brainer for me. You are basically getting the extra options for free, and still come out about the same price after shipping.

That is true. In my last post above I indicated that I really am not interested in the navi or aero kit regardless of price. I prefer a simple radio and the clean look without the aero kit. However, I left a message at Serramonte to see whether or not that car is a navi or aero car. I may consider if it has the navi. That may be too good to pass up
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:52 PM

you west coast guys get the best deal. I posted here a few time and now i have my evo x mr in RR. Well i don't have it with me but i pick it up in 2 days I can't wait. On the northeast level of pricing i got mine for 32k after a few hrs of talking. I just had to drive 3hrs to the dealer.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)