Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Lithium battery backup in the Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lithium battery backup in the Evo X

Is there a lithium battery backup in the ECU system that prevents the resetting of a SRS airbag light? The manual shows a seperate SRS control module.
I am swapping out the Recaros for Corbeau (no airbag) because I am too wide to sit comfortably in the stock seats and now I have a problem with the seat airbag warning light. I have read most of the threads concerning resetting the ECU's but most say that the backup battery is an issue. Also, read a thread about using a 1 to 1.5 resistor on the plug to defeat the warning light. Can someone help me here?
Old Nov 29, 2008, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

the srs light cannot be reset by simply resetting the ecu, most of the time the dealer has to turn it off. i dont think anyone has tried the resistor method yet. but my question is, if the srs light is on, are all the airbags non-functional?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 04:57 PM

Reboot the airbag light

From what I understand, the light is activated when the connection to the airbag is disrupted, what was an open circuit before becomes a closed circuit, or visaversa. From all that I have read in the forums, the tact of trying to reboot the system by cutting power to the ECU, and then reconnecting is sufficient to eleminate the SRS light as long as as there are no detectable problems in the system. However, if there is an auxillary power supply that allows some memory to persist, then the light will continue to burn. If someone knows the location of the auxillary power(lithium battery), if it exists, I would like to try to see if disconnecting it would cause the light to go out.