Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fast Key: Car started + Locked Doors.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast Key: Car started + Locked Doors.

For those who have the fast key. Can you lock your doors with your car started??? I tried pressing the lock button on the door handle and on the key fob but the doors did not lock. I know that if the car is started, you are able to drive the car without the key fob and it will not turn off on you.
The last thing i want is some one driving my car, when i had to go back inside because i forgot something.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

I've noticed this same thing. If the car is on and you walk away with the key in your pocket, you can't lock the car. Annoys me if i'm just running a bunch of small errands and just need to go inside a store for a minute or two before i'm off to some other store.

That annoys me as well as the fact the doors don't lock automatically once you start driving.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

you can make adjustments on the system regarding your lock options.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:03 PM

if you want to lock the car while the engine is running you have to do it manually by using the key on the fast key and lock it on the driver side.
thats what i do when it very cold or i forget something.
hope that help.

one good question is how far or long will our car run without the fastkey inside the car?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by plip630

one good question is how far or long will our car run without the fastkey inside the car?
Until you turn it off or it runs out of gas, if I'm not mistaken.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I'm also pretty sure that's the case.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plip630
if you want to lock the car while the engine is running you have to do it manually by using the key on the fast key and lock it on the driver side.
thats what i do when it very cold or i forget something.
hope that help.

I just tried that. I could only lock the drivers door. Other doors are still unlocked. Is there some thing i have to do to lock all the other doors?

I think you can drive the car untill it runs out of gas or until you turned it off. I traded cars with my bro and he had not problems driving with out the key.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Under PSI
Until you turn it off or it runs out of gas, if I'm not mistaken.
Yup, that is a true statement. I think it's slightly stupid to have that ability.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
I just tried that. I could only lock the drivers door. Other doors are still unlocked. Is there some thing i have to do to lock all the other doors?
a good question for people that want to add a turbo timer
Old Mar 9, 2009, 03:48 AM
Evolving Member

I started a thread a while back about a TT and not being able to lock the door's...

We still don't have true fix besides haveing your driver window rolled down and get out fo the car and lock it be reaching in and locking it with the button then roll the window up with the auto up and obvously pull ur arm out .

Thats seems to be the best bet right now untill we get a solid fix. There also was talk about a bypass of some sort. I found a site online that makes bypasses but I don't think someone has tried it yet.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WWevoX
I started a thread a while back about a TT and not being able to lock the door's...

We still don't have true fix besides haveing your driver window rolled down and get out fo the car and lock it be reaching in and locking it with the button then roll the window up with the auto up and obvously pull ur arm out .

Thats seems to be the best bet right now untill we get a solid fix. There also was talk about a bypass of some sort. I found a site online that makes bypasses but I don't think someone has tried it yet.
Ha, I like this!

Can you unlock the doors with the fob after this is done?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Just curious....

but why are you wanting to leave your car running and unnattended? Not bashing... just curious.

The F.A.S.T system kinda sucks for us because we cant lock the doors while the engine is running which includes if you have a turbo timer and its running after the car's shut off. The one positive about the TT however is that since the car is shut off, no once can just jack your car and take off with it but until you are able to lock the doors they can still get in and steal stuff.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spy007
Just curious....

but why are you wanting to leave your car running and unnattended? Not bashing... just curious.
living in CO, you should know the convenience of starting a car in 0 degree temps, and leaving it running, even for 5 minutes, and knowing that the doors are locked, and that it didn't take 15 steps to make it happen.

I'm mostly annoyed by the beeping sound when I close the door of the car with it running, and the fast key in my pocket, and I'm outside of the car.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Webman
Ha, I like this!

Can you unlock the doors with the fob after this is done?
Yes, once the car shuts off completly after the TT counts down the key FOB works normal.

But this seems the best logical way to get it to work the way we want it to.

And you have more than enough time to get your arm out. Sucks that this is what we have to do untill there is a fix/work around, But it does the job
Old Mar 9, 2009, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Also just to throw this out there, If you start the car with the metal key and then shut the car off with the TT on. Everything works fine. You can lock unlock while the TT is doing its thing. SO it all comes down to the FOB and its connection to the computer that is not allowing us to lock or unlock while the FOB is not present in the car.

So I think there is some paremter in the software that can be turn on or off to allow the usage of the FOB one the car sees that the FOB is no longer in the car.

Hell it warns us that the FOB isn't in the car so that should automatically let us use the FOB.

But this doesn't seem top be a "HOT" issue so no one is really persueing a fix

Quick Reply: Fast Key: Car started + Locked Doors.