Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I love my Evo but I miss my old car

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another negative about owning the Evo is that I drive like a freaking maniac now. If I drove like how I do in the Vette, I would have wrapped myself around a tree ages ago.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd trade back lol. I'm going back to a Z...I miss it too much. But this time...it's nismo z
Old Aug 2, 2009, 03:26 AM
Evolved Member

i miss my subaru a lot sometimes. 2900 lbs curb weight and 320wtq with almost instant boost (feels like insant since the curb weight is so low) and a good amount of midrange torque = car slingshots from any speed below 60mph...it was so fun. the Evo slowly spools then when peak boost hits it pulls consistently gear after gear...it's a different feeling, more grown up, and sometimes, way boring....the subaru felt violent in acceleration in comparison.

the throttle/boost response in my subaru will never be matched by the Evo the linear power delivery means i won't feel much turbo rush until i'm making near 400wtq probably, and once i make that much torque i'm not going to be on pump gas or stock turbo. le sighs.

still love the X more though
Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO
Yeah, the funny thing is that I was ecstatic when I heard all about the new X. At almost 40 years old I felt like I needed something that was a little more 'adult' and civilised and the X seemed to fit the bill. I bought the 996 because I was trying to be a bit more grown up and I should have learned my lesson from that one . The boy racerness and the rawness of the 8 always bothered me and it is the lack of those very same qualities in the 10 that leaves me wanting. Weird huh?
Had I been able to keep the VIII when I bought the C4, I'd have kept both cars for a very very long time. The VIII had things I hated, and the C4 did too, so I compromised and got a car that I feel is a good mix of the two.

Originally Posted by kenpo1441
Not real sure why you would be drag racing an RX-8...that car was built to go around corners like no other car out there. I almost bought an RX-8 instead of the evo; an rx-8 plus a pettit supercharger equals one bad *** car. But I still love my evo.
If I was buying a car like that, I'd buy an S2k or a Mini-S long before the RX8. Especially the Mini, since they are already turbo'd.

And on the original post, I honestly do miss the old cars, but I love the new car a ton. Kinda wish I kept the Evo since it was paid off... But that's decision making. I'm 150% happy now though.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

I traded in my '07 C6 Z51 after a year of ownership due to a couple of reasons:

It wasn't "me"
Every other owner I met was about twice my age
No turbo

Got the '08 X and have never looked back.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 05:58 PM

just like missing your ex sometime lol