Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

mitsubishi bring this across the pond to the US!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fq evos just dont make it across the pond
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:18 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hotdog
It’s just the mental image I have of someone who fits the following criteria:

1) Was interested enough in the Evo X to purchase one.
2) Decided to purchase the most expensive, 60k version.
3) Has the financial means to afford such a beast
4) Found the forum
5) Decided to share his thoughts and emotions on the vehicle.

And, in that mental picture, I added elements of current posters. We have the rich-boys-who-take photo groups, we have the teenagers-wearing-hats-sideways group, we have the former-GTR-now-I’m-spending-a-lot-on-an-MR-come-watch my progress person, we have them all. Adding a bit of flair, a bit of drama, a bit of off color language, a bit of surmising about their career, and voila, you have a totally awesome post, loved by all.

The, mix in the surmised problems Mitsubishi would expeirence trying to source parts. Let's say the exhaust on the FQ400 has an issue; it rattles. Or whatever. Some easily warrantied problem, but compounded with a lack of parts, a lack of models over here, and hilarity is sure to ensue. Let alone a problem such as "the car stalls"; will the average, every-day Mitsubishi mechanic be able to access the modified ECU of this 60k rice rocket? Or will it require a special team, flown in from Japan on some sort of rocket powered helicopter.

A small man emerges from the helicopter, surrounded by guards. He's Asian, short, and speaks softly. He's ushered into the back room, sits down at the computer, and quickly fixes the ECU issue, and leaves without a word.

Cost to Mitsubishi: 700,000,000,000 yen, including travel expenses. He got hungry so they had to stop and eat on the way.
ah, it is the Colt Car Co of UK that builds the FQ's not japan. so the asian connotation is uncalled for and looks like "remark." notice that there are no FQ's in japan.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My apologies;

The, mix in the surmised problems Mitsubishi would expeirence trying to source parts. Let's say the exhaust on the FQ400 has an issue; it rattles. Or whatever. Some easily warrantied problem, but compounded with a lack of parts, a lack of models over here, and hilarity is sure to ensue. Let alone a problem such as "the car stalls"; will the average, every-day Mitsubishi mechanic be able to access the modified ECU of this 60k rice rocket? Or will it require a special team, flown in from England on some sort of rocket powered flying lorry.

A buck-toothed man emerges from the helicopter, surrounded by guards. He's white, of average height, and speaks with a hilarious accent. He's ushered into the back room, sits down at the computer, and quickly fixes the ECU issue, and leaves without a word.
Fixed!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

It only costs so much because they are retarded in the fact they tell you what the UK price is for them. Then they do a quick conversion of currency and then state its a $60,000 car. When in all reality if it did come the the US market, would end up most $45,000 car and I am going a tid bit high there as well. UK currency is about double US currency worth lol. The FQ400 I believe is also only available in the UK, or Europe theater.

If this came to the US, I would rather buy it then the GSR I currently own. If Mitsu would allow us to put on a GT35R turbo on the GSR, I would do it! but they dont lol.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

When in all reality if it did come the the US market, would end up most $45,000 car and I am going a tid bit high there as well.
The list price on an MR touring is ~40k.

There's 0 chance it'd be 45k, if it ever graced our shores.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
yea these are uk built evos, evo designers have said they don't even like what they do with the cars
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:52 AM

i always wonder how much you gotta spend to get your x to 400whp
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

The list price on an MR touring is ~40k.

There's 0 chance it'd be 45k, if it ever graced our shores.
your right about it never coming to the US, same as the S15, R32-34 and a multitude of other awesome cars. Why I dont know but its really stupid that we cant get them here, and it pisses me off! We can let all these cars sell in the US, but we cant sell our cars in their countries, which I think is lame!

If the US did the same policy as other countries, there wouldnt be any import cars being sold to us from Japan, Korea, and I think there is another one cant recall!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

i always wonder how much you gotta spend to get your x to 400whp
A lot, but has the FQ400 ever been dynoed? They always reference "403 bhp", it's hard to tell what they're actually making. If all they're doing is using the same scale as before, 291 vs 403 is "only" a gain of.... MATH POWERS ACTIVATE... 112 BHP. Hell, some people can get do a drop in filter, exhaust, and get damn near 100WHP after a tune.

Now, that doesn't touch on some of the handling benefits it gets from their suspension setup, but so much of the focus is "LOL OMG 403 BHP!"

Good chance a lot of us are actually driving around in quicker, better performing cars. We're just not featured in magazines and raved about by the adoring press.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

well not to mention its for a bigger turbo for starters lol
Old Jan 7, 2010, 09:12 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good chance a lot of us are actually driving around in quicker, better performing cars. We're just not featured in magazines and raved about by the adoring press.....

DB had a great idea early on when he started the BR series and with factory backed warranty by Medina Mitsu. But it never caught up and the MMNA. what if, then we could have our own FQ versions. now all we have are BQ versions(butt quick)!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 09:16 AM

A lot, but has the FQ400 ever been dynoed? They always reference "403 bhp", it's hard to tell what they're actually making. If all they're doing is using the same scale as before, 291 vs 403 is "only" a gain of.... MATH POWERS ACTIVATE... 112 BHP. Hell, some people can get do a drop in filter, exhaust, and get damn near 100WHP after a tune.

Now, that doesn't touch on some of the handling benefits it gets from their suspension setup, but so much of the focus is "LOL OMG 403 BHP!"

Good chance a lot of us are actually driving around in quicker, better performing cars. We're just not featured in magazines and raved about by the adoring press.
yea that makes sense still be a cool car if it was affordable haha
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I would take a used GSR + ETS Turbo Kit Something about 600 reliable horsepower with the ability to make 700whp for a fraction of the cost of a new FQ400.

Thats just me though

Michael
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Thats some great stuff.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Damn.... .4sec slower than an R8. Let's see.... $40k or $150k+?

Quick Reply: mitsubishi bring this across the pond to the US!