Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X stolen!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sucks that your car is gone, I hope you can find a new one.

I would really like to know how this happened, I would hate to go in to a store and come out and see my car gone.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear OP. Guess keep an eye/ear out for people selling "cheap" parts for an evo x
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude update your title to says in "New Jersey area" this way more people in the forum that reads thread titles will come in from the local area to help out.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

If anything, they did you a favor! Now maybe you can get another one with normal wheel color! lol, I keed, I keed.

Seriously though, that SUCKS. They must have been sneaky about it. I just got my truck broken into a few days ago, and got lucky. Good luck finding your X!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:07 AM
Account Disabled

wow are you serious
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Damn that sucks!

It's a pain in the **** cause now you have to get another car... the insurance will pay for it but what about your mods? you had any pictures of the mods? maybe the insurance won't pay for them or will they?

and then you need to get another car, another search, another loan... damn that sux!

But like some have said, forget about it, it should be gutted and parted out by now :-S
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

damn dude... how did they manage to steal it... question have you had it by any shops lately... or any work done to it ANYWHERE...
that's how a couple of my friends car got taken... they went to get suspension or alarms put on and the dudes made copies of the keys...
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:20 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by atombomb33
I don't think the wheels aren't going to help him. The guys who stole this car aren't your average everyday thief. I'm sure they were pros to know how to steal the car without making a sound. His car likely got put on a flatbed and taken straight to a chop shop and has already been completely gutted. The wheels likely were immediately repainted. And all of this will be sold within a week.

Sucks OP. Sorry to see that. Do you have GAP insurance in case you are upside down on your loan? Did you have any of your aftermarket parts listed on your auto policy?
yup. it's in half a dozen used parts shops now

and, lojack, keyless, alarm, etc, etc, is easily defeated. Zap a stun gun onto the frame rails and the whole electronics is toast. Poof. The ECU is not resellable, but it defeats all alarms.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Damn sometimes I wish someone would steal mine. Sorry to hear about that man, hope all turns out well for you. Certain insurance companies will pay for your mods while others won't. Check your policy. Also, you're not going to be reimbursed full price obviously, assuming they dont find it, or its totalled. I hope you aren't too upside down, and if you are I hope you have gap insurance or this can turn into a TOTAL nightmare.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

damn this is probably a professional job... my friend left his spyder in his driveway, someone towed it during the night, and a month later the police found it ditched behind an industrial building completely parted out... there was almost nothing left of it to salvage

chances are thats what happening to your car... I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to drive it around, especially with the vibrant wheels

that sucks, really sorry... but there is something you could still do, im sure they arent going to part it instantly... so if you know of any shops privately owned/sketchy that you have been to, take a snoop around there, its unlikely, but maybe you can catch the %@&*ers
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

DAMN Jersey boys will steal ANYTHING.. even without wheels
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:31 AM

Sucks hope it works out for ya
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

one reason, among others, why NJ sucks
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

That's horrible to hear man. I'm out in central jersey too. I'll keep an eye out for a wingless GG X - probably minus those pink rims lol.

Good luck
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as how it happened, I've heard about people busting windows, putting in neutral and pushing right on to a flatbed. The benefit of stealing a car with a flatbed is that everyone assumes you are legit.

Really sorry for your loss, man. thats damn terrible.

Quick Reply: Evo X stolen!