Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X on The Forum Wars [merge]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a pretty big "wrong"
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:15 PM

sam

Honestly , that was a sorry run in both course. It look like evom was sabotage, but If you look at the time of both of the challenger and the camaro on the road course, you were faster than the two. Thats the only bright side I can see. Oh yah I also owned a WWX = (
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

So ive been posting my issue on RP's facebook... and this is the result.

Hopefully next time we can get a true representative of EvoM and maybe RP will have a stern talking to with their media company.

Corey Zwart You pretty well blew it with the evo/sti episode. Didnt even use a real EvoM member who actually owned an evo.. just some guy who couldnt get his STI in the show and borrowed his girlfriends evo. We at EvoM are pretty dissapointed in Royal Purple for this and feel jipped.
49 minutes ago ·

Royal Purple Let me just say once again that RP did not personally choose our drivers or owners. Our media company sent out a casting call to the various online forums and then selected from there. They were in charge of selection/filming at the speedway and video production. Corey I'll be happy to let you and your EvoM forum know when we are casting again so you and your members can possibly be part of our second cycle.
10 minutes ago

Corey Zwart Sorry I didnt see you mention it before. I would definately and I know the EvoM community would as well appreciate it if the forum was notified for casting since it was supposed to represent us and didnt.
Its nothing about a bad driver, but someone who isnt even part of the evo community. Your media company, from what the evo driver states, had the STI driver already done and "couldnt find an evo that would do it" when there was never a post on our forums or anything. So the STI driver got his friend to borrow his friends girlfriends Evo just to do the episode.
EvoM would love to truly represent our community properly and put those STI boys in their places!
6 minutes ago ·

Royal Purple Thanks for the feedback Corey. I know how important it is for the forums to be honestly represented and we're definitely learning a lot as this first cycle moves forward. I've put you and the EvoM forum on our list!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

That's not enough, they shoud put a "disclaimer" on each misrepresented episode. Something like this:

"To all viewers: By the way, this Evo vs. STi episode is FAKE because the Evo driver is actually an STi owner who borrowed his GF's Evo just so he could be on TV. Next time, we will be more responsible. We apologize for this somewhat misleading chapter of our ****-poor show."

Someone post this suggestion to RP's Facebook wall.

Last edited by tipoytm; Apr 20, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tipoytm
That's not enough, they shoud put a "disclaimer" on each misrepresented episode. Something like this:

"To all viewers: By the way, this Evo vs. STi episode is FAKE because the Evo driver is actually an STi owner who borrowed his GF's Evo just so he could be on TV. Next time, we will be more responsible. We apologize for this somewhat misleading chapter of our ****-poor show."

Someone post this suggestion to RP's Facebook wall.
If I had a Facebook account I would do it, but i dont like the whole Facebook & My Space cr@p.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you Spy.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:41 PM

Honestly the whole season was filmed in one single day. I don't think they care THAT much.

And to the guy who said my run was sorry; I did my best in a car I didn't feel comfortable driving at the limit and yes it wasn't fast enough.

If we go out to Infineon Raceway again this summer, I'll be sure to PM you so you can see for yourself that I'm no slouch in my own car that I feel comfortable driving.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

its not ur fault, nice try though. this really doesn't change anything, evo's still own sti's?

agree?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

On a side note, it would be safe to say that everyone agrees on one thing:

That your GF has good taste in cars (if she does own the X). We will forgive you if you post a pic of your GF posing with the X :-0

Last edited by tipoytm; Apr 20, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by samleeiii
Honestly the whole season was filmed in one single day. I don't think they care THAT much.

And to the guy who said my run was sorry; I did my best in a car I didn't feel comfortable driving at the limit and yes it wasn't fast enough.

If we go out to Infineon Raceway again this summer, I'll be sure to PM you so you can see for yourself that I'm no slouch in my own car that I feel comfortable driving.
It was your GIRLFRIEND's car. And it drives pretty much the same as the STi. Jeezus, how big of a wuss do you have to be? I kicked the **** out of my girlfriend's Mini-S at autocross when we both went together, and it drives nothing like the Evo/STi/Porsche/S2000 that I've driven.

Maybe I just have more experience in driving other cars, since I'm an instructor out at our track here... but still...

Did they not let you do any practice runs or anything? Do you never drive her car at all? I'm just confused here...

Originally Posted by Hakmeister
its not ur fault, nice try though. this really doesn't change anything, evo's still own sti's?

agree?
Yeah, agreed, and MR Evos own GSRs.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 03:09 PM

i own a sti and i think this whole shamockery of a show sucks ***** too...

1. royal purple sucks
2. how exactly did they match up these cars? did they even try to get fair pairings? or just toss the first two cars that applied against each other?
3. evo owners shouldn't be pissed or disappointed, it's a dumb *** show
4. as a sti owner, i take absolutely no pride in this
5. 1/8 drag ftl
6. what a stupid ****ing 'track' design. a toddler with a crayon could've drawn up a better course...
Old Apr 20, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you were lucky you posted on this forum and not the "so Cal" forum. Over there, hell is always burning, lol. They would have eaten you alive.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by samleeiii
Yeah man, the STI makes like 310whp at most and 360wtq. I break bread with this guy every week, I know how fast his car is. LOL. He's one of the guys I track with regularly. We were in the Import Tuner EVO vs STI challenge too and my STI skipped timing.

2 STIs caught on fire that day... my other friend with an STI blew his motor for Super Lap the next day. I pretty much decided to sell my STI that day, lol. I was going to buy YimiSport's EVO 8 but it ended up being a bigger budget project than I was expecting so I got an S2000 instead.
both guys are very cool (sam and jon) chilled with them both. Both very geninue guys. I was laughing the whole time thou, very funny video in general

So when are we going to get some beer
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:33 PM

I saw the SoCal EVO thread where a few guys in RTA bash me or Jon pretty good. Honestly, it's the price you pay when you put yourself in the spotlight and don't perform to expectations.

I've pretty much explained my side of the story, I didn't drive the car that fast, it was just a friendly competition as far as we were concerned, etc. etc. If people still want to talk trash, that's ok. Can't do nothing about it.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

If what you are saying is the true story.
Screw that Forum Wars because the excuse " we couldn't find an Evo in CA " my ***.
They never even posted anything about looking an Evo on that forum...

Oh well... we can just laugh about it now.

Quick Reply: Evo X on The Forum Wars [merge]