Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X on The Forum Wars [merge]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the stang beat the 350z. I dont know if thats it for the show, but i guess whatever. lol
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

they have a 6 minute video and the 350z loses
Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

The 350z guy needed a major switch from drifting to grip before this contest plus if you watch closely the stang jumped before the green light on the drag. The stang did have a much better driver though and outright beat the Z.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:11 PM

lol i was the one driving the white evo x. all that was done to it was a tbe and tune, that's it. oh and some tires that had been sitting for like a year, although relatively fresh tread wear wise. the evo x is actually my g/f's car; at the time i was driving an 08 sti. kind of ironic.

my buddy was driving the black 08 sti. he had tbe, headers, uppipe, kw suspension, front lip, rear spoiler, race pads, recaro bucket seats, 6 pt harnesses, 18x9.5 wheels, re-11 tires.

i've signed some mumbo jumbo where i can't reveal much about the show, but hopefully the episode proves to be entertaining for you all.

i'm sure there's a ton of people who would've been a better representation of the evom community, but to be honest, i had the opportunity to go, and i went for it.

who's going to deny tv time right?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by samleeiii
lol i was the one driving the white evo x. all that was done to it was a tbe and tune, that's it. oh and some tires that had been sitting for like a year, although relatively fresh tread wear wise. the evo x is actually my g/f's car; at the time i was driving an 08 sti. kind of ironic.

my buddy was driving the black 08 sti. he had tbe, headers, uppipe, kw suspension, front lip, rear spoiler, race pads, recaro bucket seats, 6 pt harnesses, 18x9.5 wheels, re-11 tires.

i've signed some mumbo jumbo where i can't reveal much about the show, but hopefully the episode proves to be entertaining for you all.

i'm sure there's a ton of people who would've been a better representation of the evom community, but to be honest, i had the opportunity to go, and i went for it.

Someone ban him
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hassan!
Someone ban him
dude seriously? i don't see what the big deal is.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Hassan!
Someone ban him
+1, you better had represent us good, we're talking about a whole communities reputation on the line here.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:09 AM

LOL! well i definitely tried my best.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

This is an awesome idea, I wish it had more parameters though, anything to make for a longer show I guess! LOL
Old Apr 8, 2010, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's a big deal if you represent evom, considering no one knew that's trademark infringement son!

if you did rep evom in that state and ran against that modded sti, i'm gonna have to go with the ban too

...unless you won, then we're gonna have to bust out the champagne

Last edited by EndlessRed; Apr 8, 2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 02:59 AM
Evolving Member

hmmmm
Old Apr 8, 2010, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

you will understand later , after couple up coming comments regarding your promising intrudoction about yourself and the car you where driving.
How the hell they picked you if your car was an STI that time to drive an EVo? No one was around who owned an EVo, or you are a cuisine or something for a director ?

Last edited by Robevo RS; Apr 8, 2010 at 04:53 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's done was done, now we just need to wait for the results. Who know maybe the other STi driver flopped.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sounds like an inside job... I'm sorry, but if they didn't at least get us a good handling 11 sec car to represent us as the typical EvoM member "non-shop" car... the forum wars "competition" doesn't really hold much weight.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:38 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
Sounds like an inside job... I'm sorry, but if they didn't at least get us a good handling 11 sec car to represent us as the typical EvoM member "non-shop" car... the forum wars "competition" doesn't really hold much weight.
Agreed. It sure seems like the producers of the show took a bunch of shortcuts that serve to demean the intent, the composition, and the outcome of the contest. Worse, billing the participating individuals as forum members, while allowing a guy with less than 50 posts to represent an entire community is just silly. It's as if the folks in charge of the show decided to focus on hyperbole, in lieu of actually doing some legwork. It's not far from a reality show with a list of writer credits. Pathetic.

Quick Reply: Evo X on The Forum Wars [merge]