Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How can I get a Blue SST EVO with big WING?!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:39 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think the trunk is pre-scored or something underneath where it's supposed to be drilled.. I'm pretty sure all the trunks are identical otherwise. If so, you probably shouldn't have a problem with leaking or anything. At least I've never heard of anyone with such a problem.

Search the Evo X "how-to" sub-forum for "wing" and you'll find a few posts with pictures showing what's involved. The ones with guys upgrading from the small GTS to the larger MR wing should be helpful, as I think each wing requires different holes.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

I used to put some of the window foam weather stripping on the surface of the wing. That stopped it from leaking, you can probably get that at home depot for $5. worked great on my civic. get the thin wide ones and just cut to fit.

I also went from a ralliart to an evo and i coudnt be happier.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Ha, good to know, Thx!

Well, I was looking for a faster car as my 2nd car (first one is 07 Elantra lol, still in use), but wanted one with reasonable highway mileage and rative comfort for daily use (a lot business traveling involved for my job)... Turned out I actually paid 32k for my 2010 RA when it came out last Sept(including TN taxes; sportback with Racaro package; only ONE mistu dealer around in 100mi radius)... should have bought a MR at first place... now seems like I may lose 10k for trading in since I paid off already... Today, it only has less than 6k in ODO, but I saw a same one even with Navi on sale at dealer's lot with only 3k on it, asking for 26.5k... wondering how much the dealer offered to the original owner...hmmm
My RA hasn't being covered up for a while, only use for weekends and track days... Will keep my Elantra for the job and get an EVO for whatever it's designed for lol
PS: Will South coast mitsu do shipping trade-in? LOL

Last edited by odin; Aug 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:32 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Don't buy from South Coast, just get a local dealer to match their prices. South Coast is a huge headache.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by odin
Ha, good to know, Thx!

Well, I was looking for a faster car as my 2nd car (first one is 07 Elantra lol, still in use), but wanted one with reasonable highway mileage and rative comfort for daily use (a lot business traveling involved for my job)... Turned out I actually paid 32k for my 2010 RA when it came out last Sept(including TN taxes; sportback with Racaro package; only ONE mistu dealer around in 100mi radius)... should have bought a MR at first place... now seems like I may lose 10k for trading in since I paid off already... Today, it only has less than 6k in ODO, but I saw a same one even with Navi on sale at dealer's lot with only 3k on it, asking for 26.5k... wondering how much the dealer offered to the original owner...hmmm
My RA hasn't being covered up for a while, only use for weekends and track days... Will keep my Elantra for the job and get an EVO for whatever it's designed for lol
PS: Will South coast mitsu do shipping trade-in? LOL

haha i guess you and I have one thing in common. I had a regular lancer es-sport for about a year then they offered 0% for the ralliart, so i traded my lancer for the ralliart and i got a great deal since i have good credit. My RA didnt have the recaro package, though. Then i was traveling more for work and i was getting not that great mpg with the RA, around 18-23 mpg. So i got tired of it and traded it for a civic Si. Which was good so i can learn stick and was good on gas. bad because i took a hit of $3k. So now i had the civic for about 9 months and I m really craving the evo, I finally found a dealership that would work with my trade in and payed what I owed, and i got my RR evo x, which was the one I have always wanted, down to the factory options,

well worth it
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by RevLimiter
haha i guess you and I have one thing in common. I had a regular lancer es-sport for about a year then they offered 0% for the ralliart, so i traded my lancer for the ralliart and i got a great deal since i have good credit. My RA didnt have the recaro package, though. Then i was traveling more for work and i was getting not that great mpg with the RA, around 18-23 mpg. So i got tired of it and traded it for a civic Si. Which was good so i can learn stick and was good on gas. bad because i took a hit of $3k. So now i had the civic for about 9 months and I m really craving the evo, I finally found a dealership that would work with my trade in and payed what I owed, and i got my RR evo x, which was the one I have always wanted, down to the factory options,

well worth it
Yeah, sorry... but I will lose 3 times $$$ than u did... Since my RA was 32k, now dealers may just offer 22-23k for trade-in... the sad math (32k - 22k =10k) gives me such a headache...
Well, it's for THE EVO anyway... won't purchase anything with a engine on for next decade...
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

yeah the sorry about that.... that does suck, they gave me $19.2k for my RA and It took many visits at many dealerships. I had 8k miles..... one guy offered me 14k, and i had to tell him to F himself...
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by migs647
Don't buy from South Coast, just get a local dealer to match their prices. South Coast is a huge headache.
Uhm... No.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 04:06 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TheRealKrux
Uhm... No.
Um yes, look up the numerous threads of issues with South Coast. After 4 weeks of going back and forth with Sam I gave up. Called a dealer in the next state over (since my state didn't have any X's to offer) and they actually beat South Coasts prices, could drive it away that day, no taxes, 1 day of dealing. Screw Sam and screw South Coast.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
trade trunks with someone with an OB that doesn't want the big wing.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
trade trunks with someone with an OB that doesn't want the big wing.
Ya, but very difficult to find one... Good call tho, thx!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by odin
Ya, but very difficult to find one... Good call tho, thx!
shouldn't be hard to find. people are always wanting to go wingless on here for some reason. Thank you for making this thread though. I had no idea the SE was going to be offered in octane blue. I was considering picking one up next year, but now I really think I want one. I wanted my IX MR in electric blue, and I was pissed when it wasn't offered.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Thread - back on topic.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:54 AM

WE have MR in octane blue in Canada, but for 2010, the MR Touring is the only Mr available for us and its 53 000$ plus taxes.....
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Thread - back on topic.