Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2010 Evo X MR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Evo X MR

My name is Chris I just wanted to introduce myself to the forums. I am a SGT in the army stationed at FT Hood. I just purchased a new 2010 Evo X MR and will be doing mods with Cobb Tuning in the next few weeks. My goal is 400awhp. This is my second Evo. I used to own an 03 Evo 8. Has anyone out there pushed this car into the 400awhp range yet without destroying the transmission?And if so has anyone upgraded to the SSP clutch packs yet? Thanks for any info and I will be posting pics and info as often as I can once my modding begins.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GIJOE CHRIS
My name is Chris I just wanted to introduce myself to the forums. I am a SGT in the army stationed at FT Hood. I just purchased a new 2010 Evo X MR and will be doing mods with Cobb Tuning in the next few weeks. My goal is 400awhp. This is my second Evo. I used to own an 03 Evo 8. Has anyone out there pushed this car into the 400awhp range yet without destroying the transmission?And if so has anyone upgraded to the SSP clutch packs yet? Thanks for any info and I will be posting pics and info as often as I can once my modding begins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpaQBzzvaKs

Last edited by Smike; Dec 30, 2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

You should check out NTEC. We have 4 MRs currently sitting in the 350-400+ hp range, and all on stock clutches. Come introduce yourself (link in my sig).
Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to the forum Chris and congrats on the x
you should check out a new special we are running for military members and we also sell the Cobb AP http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/military.php

-anthony
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:05 PM

Congrats on the purchase. I just picked up my X like two weeks ago myself. There's a Ft Hood thread in the south region forum as well if you didn't know already. Plus the Evo's around here meet up on fridays in the advance auto parking lot off of back end of stan schleuter towards harker heights.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

congrats, I too did the same thing. Had A 2003 VIII, and sold it and just picked up a 2010 MR almost three weeks ago. Love it, but I don't have the plans to go that high in the HP, but I will be adding some stuff, but not for a little while. What color you get?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:45 PM

@ Lil guns Apexi Silver is the color I bought. @ Morsonifan I will have to come check it out next Friday if you all meet up.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 07:19 AM

@ Lil guns Apexi Silver is the color I bought. @ Morsonifan I will have to come check it out next Friday if you all meet up.
It should be people out there next friday, prolly won't be too many out tonight since its new years eve and all. My GSR is AS as well.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

another MR
Old Jan 1, 2011, 07:15 PM

congrats man u will love the sst
Old Jan 1, 2011, 07:26 PM

Nice pick up man Im pretty sure that your 400whp goal is achievable since these motors are capable of putting out good gains with just bolt-ons
Old Jan 2, 2011, 03:30 PM

2010 Evo MR X

Ok fellow Evo drivers here are the stock pictures of my 2010 Apexi Evolution X MR. I will be heading to Cobb Tuning in Plano Texas in the near future for a tune and installation of the following mods since it is warrantied by my dealer: AMS 3" Turbo back exhaust single exit with testpipe. Megan racing stainless steel header, AMS Front Mount Intercooler with piping and AMS Cold air Intake w blow off valve and Cobb Tuning Access Port Programmer. I will also be posting a baseline dyno sheet and then a tuned dyno sheet once everything is complete.
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Evo X MR-evolution-x-mr-008.jpg   2010 Evo X MR-evolution-x-mr-010.jpg   2010 Evo X MR-evolution-x-mr-012.jpg   2010 Evo X MR-evolution-x-mr-014.jpg   2010 Evo X MR-evolution-x-mr-015.jpg  

Old Jan 2, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the purchase... I'm sure you're enjoying the car now and will enjoy it much more once you are done at Cobb.

Funny... the way you took the photo of the rear of the car... it makes the wing look even more mamoth than it already is!
Old Jan 2, 2011, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I attend a lot of Time Attack events and everytime I see the SSP Evo X MR, I can't get enough. Making 530awhp on pump gas and even more on e85, their tranny mods are tested and proven time and time again. In my opinion, there is nothing better out there right now as far as transmission upgrade options for the Evo X MR.

G/L
Old Jan 3, 2011, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

Welcome to the fourms your find alot of helpfull people here Im in the army as well and will be at ft hood by mid feb

Quick Reply: 2010 Evo X MR