Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bride seat install

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bride seat install

So i recently purchased a bride seat and am having some issues with my airbag light. I got the seat in just fine with no issues. I am only installing 1 seat on the drivers side of the car.

I am using the standard seatbelt so i hooked up that harness without a problem. After doing quiet a bit of searching online and on these forums i found that i needed to get a 2 ohm resistor to put on the airbag harness to keep the light from coming on.

My question is if the light came on before i put the 2 ohm resistor on, would i need to go to the dealer to have the code cleared ? I tried clearing the code with my accessport as well as unplugging the battery for several minutes and i still couldn't get it to go off.

When installing the resistor i just wired them in parallel and added a wire to each end as stated here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ult-codes.html i then attached them to each side of the two wires coming from the airbag sensor. I did test the resistors and absolutely got 2 ohms of resistance.

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CA$HMONEY$
So i recently purchased a bride seat and am having some issues with my airbag light. I got the seat in just fine with no issues. I am only installing 1 seat on the drivers side of the car.

I am using the standard seatbelt so i hooked up that harness without a problem. After doing quiet a bit of searching online and on these forums i found that i needed to get a 2 ohm resistor to put on the airbag harness to keep the light from coming on.

My question is if the light came on before i put the 2 ohm resistor on, would i need to go to the dealer to have the code cleared ? I tried clearing the code with my accessport as well as unplugging the battery for several minutes and i still couldn't get it to go off.

When installing the resistor i just wired them in parallel and added a wire to each end as stated here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ult-codes.html i then attached them to each side of the two wires coming from the airbag sensor. I did test the resistors and absolutely got 2 ohms of resistance.

Thanks

I ended up twisting 3 10ohm resisters together not in parallel and that worked for me. I tried running them in parallel and i keep getting the light. Also you have to have the seat slide position sensor in to. Or the light will keep going off.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:38 PM

I put them side by side like the link that i gave on the 2nd page and soldered them together . I took a voltage meter and tested both ends and it was putting out exactly 2 ohms of resistance.. so i assumed that would be correct ? I have the seat slide position sensor connected as well and it basically said that if you hooked it up that it would automatically deploy the airbag in stage 2. Regardless I am still getting the light.

Driver's seat has another sensor - the seat slide position sensor, it controls how the steering wheel airbag deploys - one stage or two stages. Photo of the sensor is attached. Go get one from a junk yard, or keep the one from the OEM seat you removed. Secure to the floor or under your new seat, plug lead into harness. This sensor normally works thus: with the seat slid forward of a certain point, a steel prong or plate covers the sensor and the SRS deploys the steering wheel airbag one stage, based on driver being close to the steering wheel. If the seat is moved backward of that point, the sensor is not covered by the plate, SRS deploys stage two of the airbag, based on driver being further away. So when you secure the loose sensor under the seat, you can choose to have the business side of the sensor either facing or not facing a piece of steel (e.g. your new seat bracket), to choose whether you want stage one or stage two steering wheel airbag deployment. The business side of the sensor is the side opposite the one with the writing on it.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CA$HMONEY$
I put them side by side like the link that i gave on the 2nd page and soldered them together . I took a voltage meter and tested both ends and it was putting out exactly 2 ohms of resistance.. so i assumed that would be correct ? I have the seat slide position sensor connected as well and it basically said that if you hooked it up that it would automatically deploy the airbag in stage 2. Regardless I am still getting the light.

Yeah I followed the directions to but it didn't work for me. I had to take 3 10ohm resisters and twist them all together and put them in the plug. It took three for my light to go off. Why I have no Idea.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine worked with a single 2-ohm resistor. It could be that each resistor you have is within a certain tolerance so that it's not exactly 2 or whatever.

Also, all you need to do is pull the battery cable.