Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

A lil Hit N Run to my Evo :(

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is absolutely horrible. So sorry this happened my friend. People these days...Atleast you weren't in the car and you're not hurt. Good luck with all!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

By the looks of it, someone backed up on your car purposely. Was there any parked cars right next to your car before you left?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

no1 was near me when i left the lot, none of my friends have anything similar to a pick-up of that height nor any suv's they all drive hondas, mustangs etc. All are still running so none of them hit me. Its a good thing me and my buddy didnt catch who hit the car, this wouldnt most likely end up going thru insurance more police or something else bad could have happened As stated most would lose their mind, well i see RED very easy and this wouldnt have ended as good as it is now.

2 days now its been getting appraised (usually took me 3 hours when i worked for ford) so im already getting mad at how slow they take things apart. I called yesterday and his excuse for nothng yet was they needed a (tech) to come in and remove the doors. Im sorry but when you can clearly see all hinges, all you need is an air tool and boom door is off.

Ive no qualified mechanic liscense and not too switft around tools, but when i was in body shop i was able to remove all body panels of any car within 1 day.

Im soured. and it will get worst and worst until they literally update me daily
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fugiwara
this is not " a lil "
+1 i was expecting like some paint swapped.... that is really unfortunate...
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

its all apart the shop had to call in my insurance company guy to see if it needs more or what not as it went over their limit, currently the car sits at 14,500$

not as bad as i thought previously but still hurts to see

bottom sill is still mint cond, pillars are nicked but not tweaked really.

Mitsu sells the car as a complete shell new, when you buy parts i need they come as indivdual pieces, meaning they have to break all factory seems and welds, and then reweld. So the wuote stated at 14k is with attempting to fix and pull these pillars out. Hopefully the claims adjuster that comes from my insurance company adds more to it for me and gets the ball rolling here.

now driving a nissan altima laff, what a joke of a car, cvt as well, even more gutless, only ups are the stereo pumps pretty good and its a nice and quiet. but poor on highways, darts everywhere, winds blow it all over the place sad ill have this for 3-4 wks.

Last edited by Widoww; Mar 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

This is awful. So many reckless people out there with no respect, even worse is they are too selfish to recognize their own stupidity.

Hope all goes well with the repairs.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

that sucks man, I would just about cry or be out for blood if that happened to mine. hope it all works out for you. that sucks for the rental too lol.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

update : after 1 long month.

NO PARTS OR ETA woohoo, GO CANADA GO, The fight starts monday on whats happening with the car, With the insurance company unable to source parts nor the freaking body shop, Being in part the japan disaster , anyways the car is either going to be fixed up with 4 seibon fiber doors and fenders curtousy of insurance company and ill pay the difference as i can get them for a very nice price. OEM Front and rear door shells are 900+change+paint+tax, 2 seibon doors are 2600, front fenders OEM 900+change+tax, seibon fenders 1008 for two

Or other option im going to attempt to get a payout and have them part the car, pay me off and ill buy an american car and pay duty and still be better off.

Updates when they come, ugh what a month, driving a nissan altima so so so sad
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

this question is related to this situation.

If you didn't have collision insurance on your car, just comprehensive, and this happened, would it still be covered by insurance?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by artnsx
this question is related to this situation.

If you didn't have collision insurance on your car, just comprehensive, and this happened, would it still be covered by insurance?
Vandalism is covered by Comprehensive Insurance but Car Accidents are not. The insurance company would have to decide if this incident was accidental or vandalism. And of course, who would be surprised if they judge it in a way that favored them?

Also, Comprehensive Insurance and what it does/does not cover will vary by company, coverage and policies.

$14,500 is a LOT of damage. Good luck on repairs and I hope the Evo comes back looking and feeling good as new.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You used to be a manager at an auto body shop but didnt know bags dont deploy when a car isint started...?

Also that **** will buff right out.

That really sucks.

Last edited by EvilRob; Mar 26, 2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

assistant manager, i dealt with all computer related things, ordering etc, it was a mere title for a petty 50 cent raise is all it was. Just a label they gave me so it sounded like i knew what i was doing.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:17 PM

I hate people.