Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Digital speedometer?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats a cool idea.I still think it'd be kick a** to have a virtual your car in there as well.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an app on my iPhone that can do it, I only have the free version which is called 'rev lite'. It tells you speed, how many g's you are getting an much more! It even has the option to show multiple gauges and you can change their colour and background. On the iPhone its pretty average, once I pick up my ipad2 I will get the full version for that. You always have the option to mount the iPhone/iPad AND it looks amazing
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Do they offer a cable adapter to hook up tach signal temp sender boost mph ( without using gps signal ) Thad be baller as I have the iphone 4. as well as it incorporated a lcd screen output cus the iphone is exactly huge. Can you post a pic or two

Last edited by 3grst01; Apr 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:42 AM

From what I remember they offer some device that connects to your ecu that connects through wireless to your phone to provide all the correct readings. However, don't quote me on that! Best thing to do is check on iTunes, there is pics an much more info provided there bud. Just search rev or rev lite
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:56 AM
Evolving Member

I wonder if these could be used to send the display to a larger screen

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

Although I have no idea how you would take care of the iphone charging while those cables are in use... ?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Agreed with making it look like the Lexus LFA Cluster. That thing is beautiful in action
Old Apr 8, 2011, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3grst01
I would imagine you could possibly do it with say like a tactrix cable, laptop and correct software ( not evoscan ) then just mount a screen in your instrument cluster and tiny laptop behind your dash or in your glove box and use it for tuning as well. then figure out how to hook up the screen to your laptop.
You can totally use Evo Scan as a digital speedometer, this is taken straight from the evoscan website

"EvoScan Standalone Dash Display for Street and Track.

"Wow I don't even need any of my other gauges cluttering up my A-pillar now, this unit logs awesomely fast and looks great with the numerous custom gauges."

• Includes Boost Gauge !!!
• Includes 320kmh/mph SPEEDO !!

"Perfect for Racing, now I can monitor my Boost, Knock, Water Temp, Oil Pressure, all from one unit! This is by far the best money I have ever spent on my Evo."

I bolded the important part
The following users liked this post:
Blade_evo (Sep 8, 2019)
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:34 PM

Hey! I need some help!

Hey! So you made this post, well whenever haha, anyways! I'm new to all the tuning bits. I dont even know what evo scan is. I was wondering if you could lead me into the direction of how to get this done! And if possible, how to get it into my gauge cluster, rather than mounted and off to the side (not sure if that's part of your post or not) anyways, please shoot me a msg! If you have Instagram send me a msg @blade_evo hope to hear from you soon! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Get Rad
You can totally use Evo Scan as a digital speedometer, this is taken straight from the evoscan website

"EvoScan Standalone Dash Display for Street and Track.

"Wow I don't even need any of my other gauges cluttering up my A-pillar now, this unit logs awesomely fast and looks great with the numerous custom gauges."

• Includes Boost Gauge !!!
• Includes 320kmh/mph SPEEDO !!

"Perfect for Racing, now I can monitor my Boost, Knock, Water Temp, Oil Pressure, all from one unit! This is by far the best money I have ever spent on my Evo."

I bolded the important part
Old Sep 15, 2019, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Blade_evo
Hey! So you made this post, well whenever haha, anyways! I'm new to all the tuning bits. I dont even know what evo scan is. I was wondering if you could lead me into the direction of how to get this done! And if possible, how to get it into my gauge cluster, rather than mounted and off to the side (not sure if that's part of your post or not) anyways, please shoot me a msg! If you have Instagram send me a msg @blade_evo hope to hear from you soon! Thanks!

He hasn't been on since 2016. Doubt he's going to see this ancient thread you bumped.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Blade_evo
https://www.evoscan.com