Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

long-term Recaro comfort opinions?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
long-term Recaro comfort opinions?

I've been debating picking up a used set of Evo X Recaro's for my 2011 RA, but I'm still on the fence whether I like them enough for the ~$1000 cost. I will upgrade whatever seats I get to leather myself, so factor that in.

I sell Mitsubishi's (lots of Evo's/RA's in particular), so I get plenty of chances/time to sit in them. They feel great on test drives and of course they are just so cool!

But literally, (make fun of me all you want) my gf is one of the biggest reasons I'm reluctant to get Recaro's.

When I'm out with her, I love that I can scare her to death on the way to dinner, and yet she can still fall asleep on the way home. It seriously puts a huge smile on my face - aggressive sport mode on the SST the way there, and comfortable normal on the way back (I love this tranny)

1. She reclines the seat back when she goes to sleep. I know Recaro's can akwardly recline too, but they feel weird when reclined
2. There's not much room to move (for obvious reasons). On longer trips, it seems you're pretty much stuck sitting straight-up the whole time
3. Weight. These seats are heavy, and I wonder if I could get an aftermarket seat that's equally as comfortable while reducing some weight. Not many people seem to upgrade though, so not sure what to get. I've seen a lot of hype over the Bride's, but what makes them so much better?

Just want some LONG-TERM opinions on these seats. I work at a dealership, I can sit in these seats whenever I want - if all you have to say is "they're awesome", you're not really helping. I don't know what it's like for me and my gf to LIVE with them. I don't mind the roll that much on my stock seats now honestly, as I know I get to keep tons of movement room and comfort. Those with loved ones and family that have to ride often, please chime in!!!! What do THEY think of them?

Last edited by Exyia; May 17, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old May 17, 2011, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

there awesome...opps sorry. my fat-*** friend hates them and often rides in the back seat. my wife could care less and has never complained. i find them very comfortable on long trips and on short. i don't find myself sitting straight up and i'm 6'1".

there are other seats out there that cost less. the hard part is finding them and sitting in them to see how you like them.
Old May 17, 2011, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

did a 4hr trip in them and after about an hr i find myself shifting weight many times. I still love em though. im 5'10" (230lbs) i fit fine
Old May 17, 2011, 09:25 PM

I also did a 4 hour trip. From Houston (Bellaire) to Dallas (Garland) in the X. The seats are indeed very comfortable and for me during the trip the seats did not bug me at all as I might not be as big as many of you out there. 5 foot 7 and 150lbs. No complaints for me on the long trips.
Old May 17, 2011, 09:35 PM

There're not that bad till you get a set of stiff suspension, can't stand anything more then a two hours trip.
Old May 18, 2011, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

They are awesome. jk/ lol.

I had a 10 hour trip and had never experienced driver fatigue. They really are great seats. And my girlfriend has no problem sleeping on them.
Old May 18, 2011, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoxsoda
There're not that bad till you get a set of stiff suspension, can't stand anything more then a two hours trip.
I'd say that's your suspension then not the seat.
Old May 18, 2011, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
No complaints here, and my wife and I have driven straight from Dallas to Minneapolis and back. We find them more comfortable than the Recaros in my old IX.
Old May 18, 2011, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

i cant chime in about long term in the X, i have been in them for short drives. i think they are extremely comfortable and maybe even more than my IXs. but i cant tell you i have had my IX for almost 4 years and they are still as awesome as the first time i got in them.

i havent had any 4+ hour road trips but 2 and 3 every month or so. not once did me or my gf complain. besides i have a 45 min drive everyday to and from work. i also have really bad back pains, but when i get in my car the pain is gone...i still havent figured out if its a mental thing tho or if these seats really do help lol
Old May 18, 2011, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
I love the seats very comfortable ( i wish they were a little lighter) but I had drove from South Dakota to Philly and back with no probs. I maybe replacing mine for light-weightyness in the future though....
Old May 19, 2011, 09:18 PM

I like the ix seats better myself
Old May 20, 2011, 02:31 AM
Evolved Member

I drove from Dayton to Wyoming straight thru which is 1200 miles. Never had sore driver *** like I did in my Audi.
Old May 20, 2011, 03:09 AM

drive 3 hours the other day. I find them very comfortable.
Old May 20, 2011, 03:29 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DD here,
Just yesterday i was driving and saying to myself how much I love my Heated Recaro Seats
Old May 20, 2011, 04:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
No complaints here, and my wife and I have driven straight from Dallas to Minneapolis and back. We find them more comfortable than the Recaros in my old IX.
Funny, I like the IX seats better, but admittedly I haven't made a trip of that length. The longest I have been in the car at one time is 4hrs, and I did the same trip in my IX. The thing I have to keep telling myself when I'm behind the wheel is, "This is not a BMW, this is not a Lexus, this is not an Infiniti."

Quick Reply: long-term Recaro comfort opinions?